No announcement yet.

GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

Any help would be VERY appreciated!

I've had this board for a few years now and I have never been able to to load up the optimized defaults in BIOS without a BSOD moments later. If I disable Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it solves all my problems and my box runs fine. Why? I've got a Intel i7 3770k. Shouldn't I be able to run with Intel turbo boost enabled? I've tried with windows 8 and windows 7 and it does the same thing. BSOD. How can I get Intel Turbo boost Technology working in BIOS with my CPU without a BSOD? Is there another BIOS setting that maybe needs tweaking or a setting in Windows that compliments the boost in BIOS? Should I increase vCORE or something like that....? Any thoughts?

Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

really, no one?

Comment

Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

Really, you mean the standard optimized defaults, and not an auto OC setting?

That is with any BIOS version available, they all do that for you? Just disabling Turbo fixes the BSOD? If so, that is beyond ridiculous.

Please understand that your problem sounds ridiculous, which may be why no one commented.

Any idea what the BSOD code number is, or the main error message is? Is it the same all the time?

A screenshot of the BIOS screen with the Turbo option in it when enabled would help, we might see what other option settings are that may be related. Normally putting a USB flash drive in a USB port and then pressing F12 will do a screenshot saved to the USB flash drive.

Did you ever notice if another option changes when Turbo is enabled or disabled?

Comment

Hi, go through your bios with a very fine comb, check all the settings as there could be a default that is not compatible with your cpu. I haven't seen this myself but I will try to replicate it on my i5. Will post back soon with an update.

Comment

UPDATE: 10/17/2016 After years of BSOD 124, I've been slowly replacing parts inside the computer. I've finally been BSOD free for almost 7 months..... T...
          Last edited by rob909e; 09-19-2014, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Wow. Can anyone give me some advice or what?

Comment

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD is a typical error seen when a CPU is over clocked and does not get enough voltage.

You're probably not getting any replies in this thread because so much basic information is lacking. Plus pre-built PCs don't get much respect... just saying.

Such as, is the CPU run at stock clocks, or is it over clocked? We need a screen shot of the BIOS settings of the screen that includes the Turbo option. We have no idea what the CPU voltage is set to, as well as system temperatures.

Does this BSOD happen randomly, or during a specific activity?

CyberpowerPC could not duplicate the problem? Of course, who knows how they test.

The F20e BIOS version you have is not listed on the board's download page, so I assume it's yet another beta BIOS of some kind. You must have used different BIOS versions in the past, and they all caused the BSOD?

Comment

I thought I would update the situation. Since I was having issues with USB 3.0 I decided to purchase a new Motherboard. I ended up replacing my Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H Mobo with a new ASRock Z77 Extreme 6. Although this did fix my issues with USB, it did NOT fix my issues with Intel Turbo Boost Technology crashing my computer. If I disable this in bios, on both the old and new Mobo, my computer works with no crashes, however, if I load the optimized defaults, which turns on Intel Turbo Boost Technology, I am guaranteed BSOD's within minutes. The only difference between my old Mobo and the new one, the computer crashes almost instantly if Intel Turbo Boost is on by default in bios with the new board. Please, PLEASE what information do you need to help diagnose the issue. I can get screenshots of every bios setting, even though that it would take close to 30 pics. But what else should I do? Should I set windows 7 to write a Kernel memory dump, or a small memory dump? I have 16GB of ram and my main drive, C:, is a SSD. If a full dump is required can I have the contents written to another drive, an actuall HD on E:, Is that possible? What other apps should I use to help diagnose the issue? CPUZ? As far as Overclocking, No. I have never even tried. I do know that since my processor is a Intel 3770K, if Intel Turbo Boost Technology is left on, my processor will run between 3.5GHz - 3.9GHz, opportunistically OCing as the CPU see's fit. My Power SUpply Unit is a Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2, If that helps.
                Last edited by rob909e; 10-24-2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X