Can't OC via BIOS on X99 UD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't OC via BIOS on X99 UD4

Hi, I recently picked up an X99 UD4 and paired it with a 5820k. I initially had issues with booting up with the F7 bios, so I updated to BIOS F8b posted on the Gigabyte website, and all was good. However, when I try to OC in the UEFI/bios changing any CPU setting like multiplier, turbo boost, voltage, etc, causes it to fail to boot and it will give me the 'boot failure' message, prompting me to load the defaults. Even if its only a 100 mhz increase or merely disabling intel turbo boost.

I am able to use the Gigabyte EZTune to OC to 4.2 ghz using the 'extreme' setting without issues in Windows, but changing any CPU settings in BIOS presents a problem. What gives, is this just an issue with the beta bios? Also, in EZTune, the 'Advanced CPU OC' section does not give me any options to change the OC, just an empty panel. Not sure what thats about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eztune.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	756309

Re: Can't OC via BIOS on X99 UD4

Originally posted by 0verpowered View Post
    Hi, I recently picked up an X99 UD4 and paired it with a 5820k. I initially had issues with booting up with the F7 bios, so I updated to BIOS F8b posted on the Gigabyte website, and all was good. However, when I try to OC in the UEFI/bios changing any CPU setting like multiplier, turbo boost, voltage, etc, causes it to fail to boot and it will give me the 'boot failure' message, prompting me to load the defaults. Even if its only a 100 mhz increase or merely disabling intel turbo boost.

I am able to use the Gigabyte EZTune to OC to 4.2 ghz using the 'extreme' setting without issues in Windows, but changing any CPU settings in BIOS presents a problem. What gives, is this just an issue with the beta bios? Also, in EZTune, the 'Advanced CPU OC' section does not give me any options to change the OC, just an empty panel. Not sure what thats about.
    Turbo must be enabled for any OC to work on your CPU, and any Intel CPU since the first Sandy Bridge processor.

The EZTune software may not work correctly if the Intel IME software is not installed.

Yes, Gigabyte BIOS' can be flaky, but try these two things.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Turbo must be enabled for any OC to work on your CPU, and any Intel CPU since the first Sandy Bridge processor.

The EZTune software may not work correctly if the Intel IME software is not installed.

Yes, Gigabyte BIOS' can be flaky, but try these two things.
      Thanks. I'm probably missing something, but I had a 4790k with an ASROCK z97 board before this one, and I could disable Intel Turbo boost/power management features and change the multi to run the same frequency all the time. Just want to try a manual OC/stability test before re-enabling turbo, thought that was normally the case.

Comment

I just loaded the beta bios F9a, and it fixed the problem. Thanks gigabyte, guess I will be keeping this board.

Comment

Working...
        X