Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get to UEFI shell (if it exists)? (GA-Z97X-UD5H)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get to UEFI shell (if it exists)? (GA-Z97X-UD5H)

I've got an LSI Logic HBA that I'd like to flash - but I need to use a utility that runs in a "UEFI shell". People who write about doing this on the web talk about Supermicro motherboards. Is it possible to run a "UEFI shell" on a Gigabyte motherboard/BIOS? If so, how?

(I've got a GA-Z97X-UD5H running F6 - I could upgrade to F7 if that was needed.)

Thank you! -- David Bakin

(P.S. I tried a forum search for "UEFI shell" and came up with nothing ... but feel free to point me to a different thread if you can.)

Re: How to get to UEFI shell (if it exists)? (GA-Z97X-UD5H)

Originally posted by davidbak View Post
    I've got an LSI Logic HBA that I'd like to flash - but I need to use a utility that runs in a "UEFI shell". People who write about doing this on the web talk about Supermicro motherboards. Is it possible to run a "UEFI shell" on a Gigabyte motherboard/BIOS? If so, how?

(I've got a GA-Z97X-UD5H running F6 - I could upgrade to F7 if that was needed.)

Thank you! -- David Bakin

(P.S. I tried a forum search for "UEFI shell" and came up with nothing ... but feel free to point me to a different thread if you can.)
    Hi,
    If you absolutely need a UEFI shell then TianoCore (IDK II I think now) is your friend:
    SourceForge.net: tianocore

If you need to run a Windows (or Dos) program in a UEFI environment, then a UEFI USB Boot Pen drive will do.
    (With the help of Rufus or Universal USB Installer)

Hope it helps.
    Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
    16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
    OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
    Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

Working...
    X