USB 3.0 ports on x58-ud5 rev 2 not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB 3.0 ports on x58-ud5 rev 2 not responding

I am having an issue all of a sudden where my USB 3.0 ports (2 on this mobo) are not responding to usb 3.0 devices. When I connect to the 2.0 ports they are responsive, however on the 3.0 they do not respond at all.

So far I have uninstalled the Renesas usb 3.0 driver and reinstalled. With this, the USB 3.0 devices (Note 3 phone) will respond, but will not enable into usb 3.0. My dell 30" usb 3.0 hub when connected will be detected, however I get the message " connect to a usb 3.0 device for a faster connection"

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I am using the latest modified bios FF3

I have tried a multitude of drivers and my Dell u3014 USB 3.0 hub / note 3 phone only are recognized / run at USB 2.0 speeds. When plug USB 3.0 devices into the ports they are recognized but win 7 always comes back with the message to please connect the devices to a faster port. Would really appreciate any help

In this photo see how it shows as a usb 3.0 host controller / root hub. I have connected my note 3 phone but as you can see there is the error this device can perform faster if connect to a super speed USB 3.0 port

This photo shows how the system reports the USB 3.0 hub on the dell monitor as USB 2.0, Oddly enough when I connect it to the USB 2.0 port on the computer the 2 listings that say Renesas Electronics USB 2.0 HUB dissapear and are reported back as:
    Realtek Usb 3.0 Card Reader. Now how weird is that?
    Last edited by dinglebutter; 08-10-2014, 12:43 AM.

Re: USB 3.0 ports on x58-ud5 rev 2 not responding

anyone?

Comment

Working...
    X