Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1.sniper ver 1.1. cant enter bios.

Hi there.

I have had my G.1 sniper board with a 4670k cpu for a week now running at a stable 4.4mhz.
    8 gig of ram and a 6900 series ati G/card (not overclocked).
    Tried to enter bios this morning and everytime I tried I just kept getting the A6 code and a black screen.
    To get to bios I had to clr cmos ,disable my G/card and enable onboard graphics.
    Now when I load up my overclock I cant load to windows , it just stops at A6 code all the time.
    Just to load stock settings I have to revert to onboard graphics before I can load up with my ati card.
    End result,, no overclock, and no access to bios unless I disable my G/card and use onboard.
    Im at the end of my rope and need help or this board goes back, which is a shame cos I do like it, it performed well to start with.:(

Thanks for any help.
    MB : Gigabyte g1.sniper z87.
    BIOS : F1.
    CPU : 4670k.
    RAM : 8GB TG Vulcan gold 2133mhz.
    VIDEO : AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series.
    AUDIO : Creative soundblaster x-fi.
    PSU : 750w.

Re: G1.sniper ver 1.1. cant enter bios.

Originally posted by stillhere View Post
    Hi there.

I have had my G.1 sniper board with a 4670k cpu for a week now running at a stable 4.4mhz.
    8 gig of ram and a 6900 series ati G/card (not overclocked).
    Tried to enter bios this morning and everytime I tried I just kept getting the A6 code and a black screen.
    To get to bios I had to clr cmos ,disable my G/card and enable onboard graphics.
    Now when I load up my overclock I cant load to windows , it just stops at A6 code all the time.
    Just to load stock settings I have to revert to onboard graphics before I can load up with my ati card.
    End result,, no overclock, and no access to bios unless I disable my G/card and use onboard.
    Im at the end of my rope and need help or this board goes back, which is a shame cos I do like it, it performed well to start with.:(

Thanks for any help.
    What I would try is a optimized default reset. Since you have to revert to OB graphics, that tells me some things wrong with your vid card.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFMAN View Post
      What I would try is a optimized default reset. Since you have to revert to OB graphics, that tells me some things wrong with your vid card.
      Thanks for looking and the reply.
      I don't really see how anything is wrong with my card.
      It ran with an overclock for 2 days just fine, it still works ok as far as I can tell, I just cant enter bios with it enabled, with optimized defaults.

Comment

BCLK too high?

From the manual:
        A6 Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          BCLK too high?

From the manual:
          A6 Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices.
          Its at 100 with multi of 34.

I know that error code, I see it so often its driving me nuts lol.

I just dont see why I can get into the bios and set my cpu to 4.4mhz and everything run fine until I try to get into the bios again.
          Really infuriating.
          Its all new, only bought cpu m/b and ram last week.
          Last edited by stillhere; 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

This is partially sorted now, I changed the tv that I was running on and the bios now displays.
            I haven't work out why my other tv wont display the bios page yet, but im working my way through all the screen resolutions to see if that solves it.
            Turns out to be a display issue and nothing wrong with my board :).

Comment

Just so you know for the future, all the error codes for that board are in the back of the manual, I have the same board, error code A6 = Detect and Install all currently connected SCSI Devices.

Comment

Working...
              X