Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can new microcode affect the memory latency and read write speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can new microcode affect the memory latency and read write speed?

Can new microcode affect the memory latency and read write speed ? ....my system either needs re installing or the latest ivy-e microcode as made my memory pooh. Can some one tell me if it can affect the latency etc ...I used to get 56ns ...now im getting 63ns ...god knows how bad it will be without the oc ...im just coming above another system that's not overclocked with 1600 quad memory ...my system is overclocked with 1866 quad memory.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Re: Can new microcode affect the memory latency and read write speed?

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
    Can new microcode affect the memory latency and read write speed ? ....my system either needs re installing or the latest ivy-e microcode as made my memory pooh. Can some one tell me if it can affect the latency etc ...I used to get 56ns ...now im getting 63ns ...god knows how bad it will be without the oc ...im just coming above another system that's not overclocked with 1600 quad memory ...my system is overclocked with 1866 quad memory.
    Seriously? An "ns", or nanosecond is one billionth of a second, or 1/1,000,000,000 second. So your memory has "slowed down" by 7/1,000,000,000 second.

Do you think software can measure intervals like this accurately? What program is giving you those figures?

The difference between 1600 and 1866 memory in cycle time is less that 0.25ns.

Comment

Working...
    X