Listing some problems with the BIOS on my Z87X-U3DH motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing some problems with the BIOS on my Z87X-U3DH motherboard

1. Bad translations in BIOS. In example the explanation for the Marvell controller setup.

2. HD resolution still doesn't work since the Haswell release last summer even with the new F8 BIOS for my motherboard.

3. Refuse to boot with some USB 3.0 sticks on some USB 3.0 ports.

4. Bus running in 99.8mhz rather than the specified 100mhz.

Im seriously considering switching to ASUS.

The new UEFI BIOS had some serious bugs in the beginning but it has been sorted out nonetheless those bugs i listed are still there since BIOS was released.

Re: Listing some problems with the BIOS on my Z87X-U3DH motherboard

Your not alone GA-Z87X-UD4H Bios issues
    1.F8 does not have functioning HD resolution but F8d did?
    2.Bus running at 99.8 Mhz not 100 Mhz
    3.Very slow to boot if i installed or uninstalled a program prior to restart
    4.Refuses to boot if certain usb devices are plugged in usb2 or usb3
    5.Mouse in windows mode sometimes locks up when i hit F10 and then enter to exit bios
    6.Cant save or load profiles (f9a) (f8)
    I love my board but why cant gigabyte get their bios right?

Comment

Originally posted by scracy View Post
      Your not alone GA-Z87X-UD4H Bios issues
      1.F8 does not have functioning HD resolution but F8d did?
      2.Bus running at 99.8 Mhz not 100 Mhz
      3.Very slow to boot if i installed or uninstalled a program prior to restart
      4.Refuses to boot if certain usb devices are plugged in usb2 or usb3
      5.Mouse in windows mode sometimes locks up when i hit F10 and then enter to exit bios
      6.Cant save or load profiles (f9a) (f8)
      I love my board but why cant gigabyte get their bios right?
      Yea all the beta BIOSES have functioning HD resolution but not the official. The bus when on AUTO does run at 99.8 Mhz. Very strange indeed. Still they haven't fixed it since it was released. Fully concur on the 4:th. Regarding saving profiles i have similar problem or it could be the same problem. Sometimes when pressing Save & Exit the whole BIOS and computer locks up and i have to press the reset button on the front panel of my case.

Seems the Gigabyte BIOS team has taken a big vacation. Still releasing alot of beta BIOS but not fixing the most obvious bugs.

Comment

Same problems here i have to crash the computer to be able to get out of the bios because it just locks up!!! What are gigabyte doing? Absolutely terrible job gigabyte yes bios looks nice when in HD mode but if the bios doesn't function properly and NONE of the non beta or beta ones have, then what does that say about gigabyte? Seriously get your act together gigabyte or you will lose customers,even loyal ones like me!

Comment

tried latest beta bios's? and tried a manual bus of 100?
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes using current Beta bios F9a and have set bus to manual which helped a little but still shows according to cpuz 99.98Mhz bus. I just cant understand why gigabyte cant get the basics right,how many times do i have to flash the bios before i get one that works properly?

Comment

^Latest CPU-Z display wrong reading..VID,not Vcore.......(mention many times).

Comment

I understand that but cpuz shows bus speed as being 99.8Mhz according to bios F9a its manually set to 100.00Mhz why the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                  tried latest beta bios's? and tried a manual bus of 100?
                  Every BIOS since the first F7 version had the bus set at 99.8 Mhz when set to AUTO including the beta bioses. I also have problems like the BIOS locks up when saving profiles. Actually i haven't had that problem since F7 but with the latest F9a BIOS it's back again.

Comment

what about the latest modded bios?

using one myself on z77 and works good
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Personally im reluctant to use a modded bios as often from what i can gather the modded ones only change things like splash screens and oroms,doesn't really solve the problems im having...but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

it has improved cpu microcode just wondering If it would help cure the 99mhz bus rate
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                        X