Intel HD 4600 Graphics Code 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel HD 4600 Graphics Code 12

I used Windows sysprep to transfer my Windows 7 hard drive to a new build, going from an AMD motherboard to the Gigabyte GA-Z87XM-DH3. All seemed to go well, but the video performance was not what I expected. Device manager showed a Code 12 for the Intel HD4600 driver. There was a conflict at IRQ11 with a Microsoft HD Audio driver. I disabled the audio device and reinstalled various drivers, with no change. When I booted up in safe mode, Device Manager for the graphics driver showed that Input/Output Range 10000 - 1FFFF isn't available.

I checked for hidden drivers, and made sure to remove every AMD driver in the system, and still no change.

After I used sysprep, I was able to re-authorize Windows (I did so before I realized there was a driver problem).

Note that after I used sysprep, I installed the drivers using the Gigabyte disc and installation program, and I simply accepted the defaults for driver installation (I've read that order of driver installation sometimes makes a difference).

I've seen a number of posts on the Internet from people who had Code 12 problems with HD 4600 graphics, and there seems to be no solution. A few people reinstalled Windows from scratch, but I've got a lot of licensed programs on this harddrive (actually, a Samsung SSD) that I do not want to have to reinstall). One person suggested going through sysprep all over again, but ir it didn't work the first time, why would it work again? I find it hard to believe that with the number of people complaining about Code 12 issues, that there is no solution.

I've posted a support ticket with Gigabyte, but they answer at a glacial speed. I am not confident that Gigabyte tech support will closely consider the question I posed (but I would really like to be proven wrong).

Thanks to anyone who can help.

--Dean L. Surkin
    Last edited by Dean L. Surkin; 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM.

Re: Intel HD 4600 Graphics Code 12

Hi Dean,

Knowing a full inventory of what your system is comprised of would really help here. Also, any software that may be conflicting

What you're attempting is tricky at best and usually results in a reinstall. Not always, usually. I have a hunch you under(stood)(stand) that before beginning this.

The MS audio driver? Where did that come from?

Anyways, a device(s) or driver(s) are either hogging or more likely an "old' driver unnecessarily using resources.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Hi Dean,

Knowing a full inventory of what your system is comprised of would really help here. Also, any software that may be conflicting
      [snip]
      The MS audio driver? Where did that come from?

Anyways, a device(s) or driver(s) are either hogging or more likely an "old' driver unnecessarily using resources.
      Thank you, wardog. I should have included a full inventory--see below. Regarding the MS audio driver --I don't have the slightest f***king idea! I've never noticed it on other builds.

Motherboard: GA-Z87MX-DH3, BIOS F6 (current version). Note: I flashed the BIOS from F3 to F6 after I had installed the motherboard drivers (I don't know if that's significant--but the problem existed before I flashed the BIOS).
      CPU: i7-4770K
      RAM 32 GB Crucial Ballistix, 1600
      RAM and CPU all running at stock speeds
      Power supply: Antec Earthwatts 380
      Peripherals: RME AIO soundcard (installed later; currently running with no conflicts).
      Samsung 840 EVO SSD (boot drive), WD 1.5 TB green (data drive), Samsung DVD burner
      Antec case, Noctua cooler (temps around 20-25 degrees Centigrade).
      Monitor: HP 30", running at native resolution 2560 x 1600.

Thank you wardog, and also to anyone who can help.

All drivers are the current drivers provided by Intel and Realtek (for the integrated audio device), with the exception that I loaded the Gigabyte-provided version of the graphics driver to see if that would resolve the problem.
      Last edited by Dean L. Surkin; 02-26-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Only one solution: I ran sysprep and did a clean install of the drivers. I did NOT accept Gigabyte's default installation program, but instead installed each driver one at a time, so I could be sure to install the chipset driver first, then the video driver.

The system works now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean L. Surkin View Post
          Only one solution: I ran sysprep and did a clean install of the drivers. I did NOT accept Gigabyte's default installation program, but instead installed each driver one at a time, so I could be sure to install the chipset driver first, then the video driver.

The system works now.
          I thought that someone else might have my problem, and a more detailed description would be helpful for the solution.

The situation: I upgraded my motherboard from an AMD-based board (with Deneb processor and Matrox video card) to an Intel Z87 motherboard with i7-4770K processor. I wanted to transfer my SSD, with Windows 7 64 bit SP-1 and all its software and settings, over to the new motherboard.

I ran sysprep, following the excellent instructions here. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-computer.html Note potential problems: you may have to manually stop the Windows Media Center service, if running, and you may have to boot the new installation to Safe Mode before it will take.

After installing the new motherboard, I installed the Gigabyte driver disk, deselected unwanted software (virus checkers, bloatware, etc.) and let the disk install the drivers. I immediately had problems with the video. The problems included: IRQ conflict, unable to access memoray space at 10000 - 1FFFF, sound card conflict, etc.

The only solution that worked was running sysprep again. I had to make sure the computer shut down, rather than reboot (a warm reboot just brought up the prior installation). I had prepared for this by downloading all the drivers from the Gigabyte website to folders on my hard drive. Windows had some hiccups restarting--it hung on configuration errors. I had to boot up in safe mode, and then rebooted in regular mode. At that point, Windows started in out-of-box mode (800x600 VGA, etc.) I installed the motherboard chip set drivers, then the video driver, then rebooted. Finally, everything worked.

I then used Windows update to update drivers, and the system is stable.

There is a minor problem: when booting up, the log-in screen comes up but the mouse takes a minute to start responding. I set the BIOS to initialize all USB ports on start up (rather than partial initialization) but that didn't fix the problem. I will research this issue, but I consider it minor considering what I had before.

Comment

I thought that someone else might have my problem, and a more detailed description would be helpful for the solution.
            That was kind of you to return and post the OOBE method used.

Thank You.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

There is a minor problem: when booting up, the log-in screen comes up but the mouse takes a minute to start responding. I set the BIOS to initialize all USB ports on start up (rather than partial initialization) but that didn't fix the problem. I will research this issue, but I consider it minor considering what I had before.
              Hi Dean,

sorry for ressurect this post, but i'm having the same " minor problem".
              Running the computer with an USB 3.0 hard drive pluged in the USB 3.0 frontal input, when W7 starts i have all USB bloqued for a minute, so keyboard and mouse dont work. After that minute it works normally.

I'm sure that the problem comes from the Intel HD Graphics 4600 drivers, because when i uninstall the driver, the problem dissapears.

Did you find the way to solve that?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X