Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

Im having a weird problem with my system and to attempt to fix the problem im trying to get previous driver versions for my motherboard... but I cant seem to find previous ones on the gigabyte website. They only seem to have the most recently made drivers available and I noticed for the audio drivers it says 'VIA audio driver (Note: please reflash the latest BIOS before update VIA audio driver for Win7/8/8.1 support)', so im not sure if its compatible with previous BIOS versions and if I uninstall the audio driver and go back to an older BIOS then the only audio driver I can use is the one on the gigabyte CD that came with the motherboard which is a very old version.

I have a Z77x-ud3h rev 1.0

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)

Re: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

Gigabyte website posting only latest (for them) drivers.
    Try here:
    Station-Drivers - Via (chipset)

Comment

I see, if gigabyte reads the forums I hope they take this recommendation of having previous driver versions on their website.

Im not gonna drop a name, but on my previous computer its motherboard manufacturer posted all versions of the drivers on their website.
      Last edited by fredkruge; 02-09-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fredkruge View Post
        I see, if gigabyte reads the forums I hope they take this recommendation of having previous driver versions on their website.
        I'll second that. While it's sometimes confusing to sort out Asus does it right concerning current and previous downloads in my book.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          I'll second that. While it's sometimes confusing to sort out Asus does it right concerning current and previous downloads in my book.
          Therein lies the problem, you literally have users that will ask what the latest driver is, in a list of drivers with release numbers sorted in descending order!

Similar to the reason ASRock removes all the BIOS versions before their SB to IVB BIOS update, to protect users from themselves. Many things are dumbed down because of people like that. There are actually (IMO) levels or tiers of dumbed-down-ness that I have discovered over time as I learn more about Windows, for example.

EVGA has a nice way of listing their drivers for video cards, although their list is much simpler than a mobo. They have a check box that activates "List All", which then displays all drivers they still provide for downloading.

I would suggest going directly to the manufacture of the hardware or chip/chipset for earlier drivers. Intel normally will have a few earlier versions of their drivers. Mobo manufactures do very little if anything to these drivers, I've used drivers directly from the manufactures for years without any problems.

The StationDrivers suggestion is also good, besides their irritating pop up browser ads...

Comment

Originally posted by fredkruge View Post
            Im having a weird problem with my system and to attempt to fix the problem im trying to get previous driver versions for my motherboard... but I cant seem to find previous ones on the gigabyte website. They only seem to have the most recently made drivers available and I noticed for the audio drivers it says 'VIA audio driver (Note: please reflash the latest BIOS before update VIA audio driver for Win7/8/8.1 support)', so im not sure if its compatible with previous BIOS versions and if I uninstall the audio driver and go back to an older BIOS then the only audio driver I can use is the one on the gigabyte CD that came with the motherboard which is a very old version.

I have a Z77x-ud3h rev 1.0

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)
            Hi I have the driver you are looking for. I could post it somewhere for you if you like.

I have the same motherboard as you; what problem have you got. I had problems with the F20D bios but there was no updated audio driver available then so I went back to the F18 bios. F20D stopped my Via sound recording from working; all ok again with the F18 bios.

Good luck

Andy

Comment

I really wish gigabyte would list stuff the way ASUS does :(

Im hoping I fixed the problem I have, time will tell. But I had to revert to older BIOS versions and im concerned about the compatability of newer drivers not working with the older BIOS.

Comment

Working...
              X