Ga-990fxa-ud5 Rev1.0 IOMMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-990fxa-ud5 Rev1.0 IOMMU

Hello, I hope someone can confirm one way or the other for me. I have a ga-990fxa-ud5 rev1.0 board with the latest BIOS, and a FX-8350 cpu, wanted to run ESXi 5.5 or 5.1 with vmdirectpath. Turned on the virtualization in the BIOS and the esxi reports the host does not support the feature.

Can someone help me to confirm whether this board supports the feature? As far as I have researched, the hardware is capable of doing it, so I am at a bit lost here.

thanks in advance.

Re: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Rev1.0 IOMMU

Please discard my previous note. Went back and realized that I made a silly mistake (did not scroll down all the way for the IOMMU option to be seen).

enabled it and the pass through option is available now.

my apologies.

Comment

No apologies needed. You discovered why. That's what counts, right?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        No apologies needed. You discovered why. That's what counts, right?
        Thanks. I agree. Just surprised myself with this.

Comment

Working...
        X