GA-990FXA-UD5 locks at logo splash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-990FXA-UD5 locks at logo splash

I have just built a new rig and upon booting it up it posts with 1 beep and then locks up right at the first Gigabyte logo splash screen. I cant access the Bios or anything but if you control alt delete
    it will reboot but will only do the same thing. Sometimes it will do the restart loop one time. I have pulled both ram and tried dif known working ram as well as pulled all usb ect so just the Vid card is left. The Cpu I am running is a
    FX 9370 chip with a water cooler kit and the board is rev 3. I cant tell what bios is installed as I cant get past the splash screen to see post or anything else. Any thoughts on this. Is it a wrong bios causing it and if so any way to update the
    bios without being able to get into the bios. I have built a lot of comps but I have not run into this before. I have double checked all the screw standoffs but I guess my next step is to try and bench test the board.?

Re: GA-990FXA-UD5 locks at logo splash

So I have bench tested the board now with 1 stick of 8 gig ram. I have stripped the board to all but a GTX 770 Vid card and the water cooler that comes with the fx 9370 cpu. The Water cooler has a plug that goes to a fan power plug as well as a Usb cable that attaches to the board. The usb cable is something I have not seen on these water coolers as all the others I have done just had the power from a fan supply required. I am Leary of disconnecting the usb from the water cooler as Im not sure exactly what it does, though that could possibly be the problem if there was something wrong with that usb cable or internally in the pump. I am wondering if it would be possible that even though this is a version 3 board that the bios is not supporting this cpu and that is the root of the problem. If so I suppose my only option is to Rma the board???...Anybody? I have a 1000 WATT coolermaster on this so power is not the issue Im sure. I am now sometimes getting a boot to logo and then black screen with 1 little white cursor..sometimes..any wild thoughts?

Comment

The FX 9370 is supported by beta BIOS FCb, which I highly doubt Gigabyte ships with this board. That is the last BIOS for this board, from 5/31/13.

So the BIOS on your board won't work with the CPU. Check your manual for BIOS update options. If you have an earlier AMD CPU that works with this board, put that one in to update the BIOS.

The USB cable on your (probably) Corsair CPU cooler is only for the Corsair Link software feature, disconnect it or leave it, makes little difference.

Comment

I have tried switching to a Phenom X4 with a different watercooler and tried to benchtest it again... Booted slightly better as I was able to consistently start booting the bios if I immediately hit delete.... however, at different points in loading the bios it would freeze...always before actually being able to interact with anything...I have attached a picture of the furthest I managed to get into the bios...The cpu voltage it is running at seems low, and I'm suspecting that is the problem...currently thinking I will have to RMA the board, but I am open to any other suggestion people have.
        Attached Files

Comment

Please, as is customary when seeking help, read and follow #1 in my Sig so that others here may have an understanding of what it is you're working with there.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
          X