Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

I just recently bought a new mobo of Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 and a new CPU intel core i7 - 2600K. But I don't know what is the right DDR3 RAM for me. Either 1066 MHz or 1333 MHz or 1600 MHz.
    So I got confuse .. can you help?

Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

I deleted your other post as it appeared as a dupe of this one.

Please do not double post.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks for that.. here is my signature.. cheers :D

Comment

1600mhz will be fine,there's no real world benefit from going for any faster memory
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          1600mhz will be fine,there's no real world benefit from going for any faster memory
          Thanks for that wazza300.. Is it compulsory that I must use the compatible one DDR3-2133 MHz or just any Frequency like the one you suggested 1600 MHz?

Comment

Originally posted by alykay2008 View Post
            Thanks for that wazza300.. Is it compulsory that I must use the compatible one DDR3-2133 MHz or just any Frequency like the one you suggested 1600 MHz?
            I'm not sure what you mean by that. This is from your board's specifications:

Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules

Is that why you asked about 2133 memory? That spec is the maximum speed memory your board and CPU will work with, 2133. Memory whose speed is 2133 or lower will work.

Memory speeds like those above are standards that the PC industry uses, although others in between those numbers (like 2000) are available sometimes. The exact speed is not necessary to match, as long as the speed is at or below the maximum speed.

So yes, you can use any frequency memory that was suggested.

There is another factor that you must check. Memory must be compatible with your board, you can't just buy any memory that you might like. The reasons why memory is or is not compatible are a bit complicated, and many times the specs you need to match are not provided by the memory manufacture.

Your boards memory compatibility list is here: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 (rev. 1.1)

If you are new to PC building, I strongly suggest you get memory that is in the list. Memory that is not in the list might work, the board manufacture cannot test all the memory that we can buy. But memory that is not in the list might not work, that is a common problem PC builders have. Memory that is not in the list may be truly incompatible, usually due to the type of memory chips it uses.

The list gives you safe memory choices, I recommend you use it.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              I'm not sure what you mean by that. This is from your board's specifications:

Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules

Is that why you asked about 2133 memory? That spec is the maximum speed memory your board and CPU will work with, 2133. Memory whose speed is 2133 or lower will work.

Memory speeds like those above are standards that the PC industry uses, although others in between those numbers (like 2000) are available sometimes. The exact speed is not necessary to match, as long as the speed is at or below the maximum speed.

So yes, you can use any frequency memory that was suggested.

There is another factor that you must check. Memory must be compatible with your board, you can't just buy any memory that you might like. The reasons why memory is or is not compatible are a bit complicated, and many times the specs you need to match are not provided by the memory manufacture.

Your boards memory compatibility list is here: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 (rev. 1.1)

If you are new to PC building, I strongly suggest you get memory that is in the list. Memory that is not in the list might work, the board manufacture cannot test all the memory that we can buy. But memory that is not in the list might not work, that is a common problem PC builders have. Memory that is not in the list may be truly incompatible, usually due to the type of memory chips it uses.

The list gives you safe memory choices, I recommend you use it.
              Oh Wow.. that was very helpful from you parsec.. I've learnt a bit now and thank you for your recommendation. Cheers:D

Comment

yeah any speed ram will work upto 2133mhz

the minimum speed memory you would be looking to buy would be 1600mhz imo,any slower would affect performance (1066/1333mhz ect)
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X