Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Cold Boot Issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Cold Boot Issue.

the bios scans all connected hardware then passes on the list (dmi pool data) onto the os before it boots up,webcam could be conflicting someway,im guessing a bios update would cure it provided gigabyte know the make/model of the webcam ect

could also be down to usb3 drivers idk
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, looks like the problem is fixed.

While running on the modded BIOS, the video problem had stopped, but I then occasionally was getting a hang on the splash screen. Would have to reset the PC to get it to boot.

I took a look and saw the new beta BIOS, f8b, and gave that a whirl for over a week and presto! PC boots up each time now, with the webcam plugged in, and no hangs on the splash screen. Boot time seems a bit faster now as well.

Thanks for all the tips guys! Much appriciated!

Comment

I have a similar problem, I opened a new thread

But I have no USB devices connected and queues A0 occurs when cold boot, but no video signal.

I see that you've solved'm happy, I hope I can solve it myself.

Hello from italy

Comment

This is interesting, I have had the exact same issue with my new rig recently, with the PC not posting with the code 97 message in the morning when it is cold. And only after I attached the Logitech C920 webcam. I will try updating the bios, I think I have F8, but I have a suspicion that it is the webcam somehow causing the problem. Maybe the new bios version fixed it.

My rig:
          Z87-UD3H
          Intel 4770K
          Geforce 660
          Crucial Ballistic 8gb

Comment

Originally posted by nate3145 View Post
            This is interesting, I have had the exact same issue with my new rig recently, with the PC not posting with the code 97 message in the morning when it is cold. And only after I attached the Logitech C920 webcam. I will try updating the bios, I think I have F8, but I have a suspicion that it is the webcam somehow causing the problem. Maybe the new bios version fixed it.

My rig:
            Z87-UD3H
            Intel 4770K
            Geforce 660
            Crucial Ballistic 8gb
            Looks like I'm not the only one. I can tell you with certainty, a bios update will fix it. You seem to have the same hardware as me, save for the GPU. I would recommend installing F9. It's been pretty much flawless for me except for the two time my boot order gets randomly randomly reversed. That's a simple fix, though, and has only happened twice in the past few months.

Comment

Strange but true as well, cold boot issues seem to improve with use or break in so to speak. It has been the case with my rig. You could try the F9 bios although I prefer the f8d bios. You can always restore from the backup bios if you encounter issues. I do agree the USB 3 issues are being resolved slowly but surely with various bios revisions. I hope gigabyte continues with that, it been almost a year with these boards officially becoming available.
              i7 8700k - z370 Asus Rog maximus 10 hero(wifi) (soho)
              G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB
              Corsair PSU, 1
              080Ti EVGA
              960 Samsung Evo , 2 WD Black Storage.
              Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) . Gigabyte x399 - Gaming 7 Threadripper 1950x (workstation)

Comment

So glad I found this thread.
                I'm a bit late to it though..

I am having the exact same issue with the PC not booting. No POST and stuck on code 97. I have the UD3H though.
                I have spoken to Gigabyte, no help. My board was 5 months old when I sent it in. They said it was a M/B fault, and gave me a refurbished one (seems bent though - back panel not aligning properly with the "face")!!! Damnit, wonder what they tested, because this board is doing the same. A bit upset about that now. Anyways, I also have a C920 webcam. Hmmm..

I am on F9 BIOS, but problem occurred on F7, F8 and continues on F9. Currently testing with the webcam unplugged, but it's only been a day, and maybe only 3 boots. No issues yet, but then again, it doesn't do it everytime.

Comment

Working...
                X