Issue loading OS on new build - GA-X79-UP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue loading OS on new build - GA-X79-UP4

I have just put a new build together and when I attempted to install Win 7, I got stuck in the section "Where do you want to Install Windows".

Basically, it s not recognizing any drivers there. When I follow the mobo's manual instructions to load the driver using the dvd, it says the driver for that specific chipset is out dated. I got the newest one from the Gigabyte's web site, and upon loading it, nothing happens. It goes through the process, but when it goes back to select driver location, I don't see anything.

I m wondering if there s anything going on in the BIOS. I pretty much just loaded the optimized defaults and confirmed if all the peripherals were there and my SSD was there. I also noticed on this web site that the new latest BIOS for this mobo is F5. My mobo came with F4. If I need to get the new one installed, how do I go about accomplishing that?

Specs:

Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz LGA 2011
    GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 LGA 2011 Intel X79
    EVGA 02G-P4-2763-KR GeForce GTX 760 2GB
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 x2
    Intel SSD 320 Series 120GB
    OCZ 600MXSP

I feel like I m running in circles now. This is my first time doing this, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Issue loading OS on new build - GA-X79-UP4

The BIOS is UEFI, so you'll have to boot in to the BIOS and, from the last page, select UEFI: "Your optical drive name" to boot from. Then your SSD should be seen. Check out these guides here and here.

Comment

Re: Issue loading OS on new build - GA-X79-UP4

Originally posted by MacG32 View Post
      The BIOS is UEFI, so you'll have to boot in to the BIOS and, from the last page, select UEFI: "Your optical drive name" to boot from. Then your SSD should be seen. Check out these guides here and here.
      Thanks Mac.

This is what I ended up finding:

drivers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit not finding my SSD, any ideas? - Super User

I followed the instruction in the last post and it worked.

:)

Comment

Working...
      X