No announcement yet.

System failures - can't figure it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System failures - can't figure it out!

Hello,

I am routinely getting BSODs "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor..." From researching this, I have found it is a common problem, but I cannot figure out why it is happening.

It started this summer, got more frequent, and finally my PSU failed. Once replaced, I lost all control over windows (7 x64), my user profile was knocked out, and I had to do a clean install. The system was pretty stable for a time, but has begun having the same BSOD, which is getting more frequent. I am not sure whether it related to the BIOS or not. Unfortunately, I am not anywhere near as tech savvy as most of the users on these forums. In investigating issues on the system, I noted a repeating report of Video Hardware failure. I am currently running a NVIDIA GTX 460se, and have a new EVGA GTX 760 coming tomorrow to replace it. I am a bit worried about installing it given the current instability of the system.

My MOBO is a X58A-UD3R (v.2) - BIOS version FB, and is a few years old. I am scared to death to even attempt a BIOS flash, and am not sure whether there even is an update available. When I look at the BIOS settings, I get a message saying ""The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes in voltage. Latest settings in BIOS may not coincide with current H/W states". I have never overclocked anything!

Anyway, I am not sure what to do here, or how to figure out what the problem really is. The Processor is an Intel 960 quad 3.06Mhz. I have 12Gs Corsair DDR3 memory. How can I investigate the issue further? How can I supply more info to those here who might be able to help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: System failures - can't figure it out!

can you look in the bios and see how much qpi/vtt voltage is being used? pretty sure its ram/memory controller related with running 12gb of ram

you might need more qpi/vtt voltage

its safe to flash the bios provided you use a memory stick and flash with qflash from within the bios,dont flash it from within windows
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X