Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Not booting to BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Not booting to BIOS

I just completed my first build, and I am having some trouble with what I suspect is the motherboard, before I go into my issue, here are my components:

Gigabyte GA287X-OC motherboard

ASUS GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 PCI card

Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell LGA 1150 processor

Samsung SATA DVD burner SH-224DB

WD Black Series 1TB HD

NZXT HALE90 V2 1000w power supply

Sandisk 256GB SATA SSD

Corsair Hydro series H55 water cooler

GSKILL Trident X Series 2x8BG DDR3 SDRAM 2400

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case

So, I installed everything, and as far as I know i did it properly. I went to boot my computer, and initially after powering on the PS and MB all the fans started properly, and the motherboard power button had a yellow LED, the ASUS card had 2 red LED's on the far end, I plugged in an HDMI cable to the video card port and linked that to a monitor, I expected some kind of BIOS screen, but nothing, so I swapped for a DVI cable, still nothing. When I turn off the OC ignition on the motherboard, the board will boot and show error messages 15 and 19 one after another for about 30secs to 1minute, and then shut off (including all fans) and then instantly start again, it will keep doing this until I cut the power. I called gigabyte and they said to try booting without the video card, so I removed it, however I ran into the same problems. I looked in the manual, 15 and 19 are the error codes for north and south bridge startup, which wasn't much help. I looked to make sure all of the cables were in the proper locations and that everything was snug, I went through the sticky post about motherboard troubleshooting on this forum, still no dice. I tried booting to bios 2, resetting the battery and resetting the board while it was powered on, still nothing on the displays. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I left anyting important out of my description please let me know, this is my first time posting to this message board

I also only used one stick of ram to start, in the slot furthest away from the CPU.

UPDATE:

I removed the water cooler, and unplugged everything except the motherboard and CPU to the power source. Still getting error codes 15 and 19, then it's shutting off and coming back on.

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Not booting to BIOS

try with bare minimum setup

just one stick of ram
    cpu
    power supply

if it still loops then try borrowing/testing with different brand psu,and carefully inspect cpu socket for any bent pins
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you're starting the board/PC for the first time, keep it simple. Turn off the OC ignition, and anything else that is not stock or default.

Do you have the SSD connected to the board? If so, make sure it is on an Intel SATA port, check the manual for the Intel SATA port locations.

The POST codes (debug codes) seem to be complaining about the Z87 chipset (a combined north and south bridge), so you could try removing all the drives from the SATA ports and try to get into the BIOS again.

Must ask, do you have the eight pin CPU power cable from the PSU to the mother board connected? That must be the CPU power cable, and not an eight pin PCI-E cable.

Comment

I had similar issue and it turned out to be the displayport connection to the second monitor. Unplugging this and all my problems went away.

Try above suggestions and go to the bare minimum components and plugs.
        Core i7 4770k, Corsair H100, Gigabyte Z87x-OC, ATI 7970, 16GB Corsair DDR3, Seasonic 760w, Corsair 600T, Dell U2410 & U2412M, Synology DS1511+, Esxi Server

Comment

Shaf, which port exactly do you mean? The HDMI out's on the back of the board?

Comment

Originally posted by Markatkins View Post
            Shaf, which port exactly do you mean? The HDMI out's on the back of the board?
            Sorry I did not make myself clear.

I have a AMD 7970 graphics card - the second monitor was plugged into the displayport. This was causing my issues - only found it recently. I still don't know if the graphics card/cable/monitor/board is faulty but going to test soon to find out.
            Core i7 4770k, Corsair H100, Gigabyte Z87x-OC, ATI 7970, 16GB Corsair DDR3, Seasonic 760w, Corsair 600T, Dell U2410 & U2412M, Synology DS1511+, Esxi Server

Comment

Working...
            X