Lost Multi Boot Option after BIOS Update-How to make disc bootable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Multi Boot Option after BIOS Update-How to make disc bootable

Guys, I just updated the BIOS on my 990FXA-UD3, had lots of problems, could not reboot, tried lots of things and eventually was able to boot into Win7. But I think I have messed things up. I did have a Win 7 OS on C and another Win7 OS on F:. When I booted I could select which one I wanted. I use one of them primarily F but need to boot into the other occasionally C:.

Now somehow all of the data that was on C: is now on H. C now has no files except for the boot info (Boot, System Vol Info, and boot mgr).

When I look at Disc Management I see the F:'s property's are (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition). Disk C: (Active Primary Partition), Disk H: (Primary Partition).

I need to make H: bootable or copy everything to C: and make that bootable. Probably the easiest thing to do would to make H bootable. So, the big question is: How do you make a drive bootable?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Pete491; 11-02-2013, 04:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Lost Multi Boot Option after BIOS Update-How to make disc bootable

Depending how good you are with Windows,you can modify boot options in msconfig. Just go to your Run box in start menu and type msconfig and go to the boot tab. If you want something with a better GUI look into Easy BCD.

Comment

Working...
    X