Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X79-UD3 & X79S-UP5-WIFI Bios/Processor problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79-UD3 & X79S-UP5-WIFI Bios/Processor problem.

Hi! First post to these forums because of major problem with my mobos!

First is the UD3 which i've had for a year now without bigger problems than some USB3 and e-sata glitches. But now came the nightmare for my rig! The bios ver. F16!

Black screen after flashing it and nothing helps. I think the main problem is my processor which is Engineering Sample of i7 3960X. I sended the first UD3 back to the store where i bought it and was given a new one. Installed it and everything was fine again then i made the same mistake again because i thought that maybe it was the motherboard after all but no, blank screen again.

Then i decided to order different one and ordered X79S-UP5 and i don't know which version it has but the revision is 1.0. Got it started but blank screen out of the box.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone got any good ideas to help? Thank you!

Re: X79-UD3 & X79S-UP5-WIFI Bios/Processor problem.

What stepping does your 3960X has? If it's C0, there could be incompatibilities with the motherboard. Even if it worked fine on older BIOSes, there are no C0 retail samples, so they could drop the support for it.

Anyway, do you still have your old UD3? You could force the backup BIOS to make it boot and flash a F12 or F14 BIOS to the main again. I would avoid F15/16/17, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Andres Gonzalez Biront View Post
      What stepping does your 3960X has? If it's C0, there could be incompatibilities with the motherboard. Even if it worked fine on older BIOSes, there are no C0 retail samples, so they could drop the support for it.

Anyway, do you still have your old UD3? You could force the backup BIOS to make it boot and flash a F12 or F14 BIOS to the main again. I would avoid F15/16/17, anyway.

Thanks for trying to help! I was just thinking of that bios force thing but as i remember the bios flash updated the both m_bios and b_bios to F16? Does the flashing do that?

I don't remember the stepping... I have picture of my processor somewhere. I can dig it up if it helps to identify the problem... What about the new beta bioses? There was updated some processor compatibility i think?

Comment

Now after quite long support thread with gigabyte they managed to convince me that the problem ain't the cpu, it's the gpu...

But this is the weird thing about this: I told them that it worked fine on my old radeon 4xxx series, after that they washed their hands and told me to contact KFA2 to get update to my GPU bios?! What!?

How is this now KFA2 fault? Gigabyte updated their bios and its their fault in my opinion because they added something to bios that unsupports my GTX680 EX OC 4GB model from KFA2...

The only thing they offered for solution was to change some PCIe setting from UEFI to Legacy mode in bios. That didn't fix it.

Now i have installed the latest beta bios F17 from this forum and i only get picture from my old radeon card. And i tried to get the modified F14 bios after that and Qflash tells me that bios is outdated so i can't downgrade to that one.

Any good suggestions what to do next?

Comment

Working...
        X