• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flashed wrong bios z68ap-d3

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    Here is modded BIOS U1a for Rev.1.0 ,to flash in DOS:

rev.2.0=Z68AP-D3_1.0_U1A

Use FLASHEFI attached.
    I may have made almost the same mistake as the original poster. I didn't upgrade to the UEFI (which apparently isn't available for rev 1.0). But I did flash my Z68-AP motherboard (which may be rev 1.0) with the FD version of the rev 2.0 BIOS. I'm confused about which one I have. The box the motherboard came in has a label on it identifying it as "rev 2.0". But when I look at the actual motherboard, I see a "Rev 1.0 designed in Taipei" in the lower left corner. I'm assuming that's the board's actual rev number and the box is mislabeled, but maybe I'm wrong. How can I tell for sure?

Assuming I have rev 1.0, can I use the file linked to above as well? If so, can I then proceed to upgrade to the most recent BIOS for rev 1.0?
    Last edited by Opus the Penguin; 10-27-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus the Penguin View Post
      I may have made almost the same mistake as the original poster. I didn't upgrade to the UEFI (which apparently isn't available for rev 1.0). But I did flash my Z68-AP motherboard (which may be rev 1.0) with the FD version of the rev 2.0 BIOS. I'm confused about which one I have. The box the motherboard came in has a label on it identifying it as "rev 2.0". But when I look at the actual motherboard, I see a "Rev 1.0 designed in Taipei" in the lower left corner. I'm assuming that's the board's actual rev number and the box is mislabeled, but maybe I'm wrong. How can I tell for sure?

Assuming I have rev 1.0, can I use the file linked to above as well? If so, can I then proceed to upgrade to the most recent BIOS for rev 1.0?
      I'm sure it would work the same way it did for me. I assumed that the modified uefi I was given is newer than the latest gigabyte has on their site, so I just stuck with it. It seems to be working just fine anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobxtyler View Post
        I'm sure it would work the same way it did for me. I assumed that the modified uefi I was given is newer than the latest gigabyte has on their site, so I just stuck with it. It seems to be working just fine anyhow.
        That's good to know. Thanks. I'm a little confused at the moment, though. The file Stasio put up for download is a UEFI and not a BIOS? Gigabyte's web site doesn't even offer a UEFI for rev 1.0. Is this just an adaptation of the one they offer for rev 2.0? To use it, would I first need to upgrade my BIOS to the rev 2.0 UEFI and then run his file. There's also some "FPT thing" he mentioned in a PM. I'm not sure if I need that as well. Maybe I should PM him as well? I sort of feel I owe it to the poor guy not to babble incoherently if I do, so I'm trying to figure out as much as I can ahead of time.

Here's another weird thing to add to the mix, if anyone has any light to shed. I click on the Windows 7 orb and type msinfo32 in the search box and hit enter. This brings up a summary of my System Information. It claims my BIOS version/date is F8, 3/21/2012. That's the correct BIOS for rev 1.0. Which is what I want. But I didn't download and install the F8 BIOS for rev 1.0. (At least I don't think I did. I'd love to believe I accidentally did the right thing while trying to do the wrong thing.) I downloaded and installed the FD BIOS for rev 2.0. When I saw that, I thought maybe I got lucky and the files are actually identical and the program applies the correct version for whichever rev you have. Well, maybe. But the files are not the same size. The rev 2.0 file is 11 kb larger than the one for rev 1.0. I don't know if they're effectively any different. Anyway, if I ran the update for rev 2.0, version FD, why does my System Information say I have version F8 (which is for 1.0)?

I'm going to go bang my head against a wall for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus the Penguin View Post
          That's good to know. Thanks. I'm a little confused at the moment, though. The file Stasio put up for download is a UEFI and not a BIOS? Gigabyte's web site doesn't even offer a UEFI for rev 1.0. Is this just an adaptation of the one they offer for rev 2.0? To use it, would I first need to upgrade my BIOS to the rev 2.0 UEFI and then run his file. There's also some "FPT thing" he mentioned in a PM. I'm not sure if I need that as well. Maybe I should PM him as well? I sort of feel I owe it to the poor guy not to babble incoherently if I do, so I'm trying to figure out as much as I can ahead of time.

Here's another weird thing to add to the mix, if anyone has any light to shed. I click on the Windows 7 orb and type msinfo32 in the search box and hit enter. This brings up a summary of my System Information. It claims my BIOS version/date is F8, 3/21/2012. That's the correct BIOS for rev 1.0. Which is what I want. But I didn't download and install the F8 BIOS for rev 1.0. (At least I don't think I did. I'd love to believe I accidentally did the right thing while trying to do the wrong thing.) I downloaded and installed the FD BIOS for rev 2.0. When I saw that, I thought maybe I got lucky and the files are actually identical and the program applies the correct version for whichever rev you have. Well, maybe. But the files are not the same size. The rev 2.0 file is 11 kb larger than the one for rev 1.0. I don't know if they're effectively any different. Anyway, if I ran the update for rev 2.0, version FD, why does my System Information say I have version F8 (which is for 1.0)?

I'm going to go bang my head against a wall for a while.
          I cant be much help on the second part, and idk how you updated the bios the first time (maybe with the @bios utility and chose to install the latest bios and it downloaded the right one for you?) but i can help you with the first part, i think. The last zip file he posted has the flash exe and the bios file (z68apdw.u1a) if you just throw that on a flash drive and boot to q-flash you can flash it there. I assumed its just a modified version of a rev2 uefi bios for rev1 boards. And you're right, gigabyte doesnt have a uefi bios out for rev1. The FPT thing that was mentioned earlier was sent to me to be able to downgrade to the non uefi bios i believe, but i didnt bother with that step since the bios he supplied works just fine.

But if you want an expert opinion i would definitely send a PM to Stasio, although you should be ok just to flash the bios file using q-flash.

Comment

guys i have this mobo z68ap-d3 ver 1 on bios f8 working without any problem
            i wanna know what the best uefi file to flash it with ?
            as i heard some have problem with fan controller and some have with gpu to work
            so i need a file tested and work without any of those problems
            and thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
            X