Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Headset not recognized

Forgot to put my motherboard in the title; I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H

I'd like to start saying that I've put this in the Windows 8 forums since I'm convinced it's a windows problem, and no problem with my headset.
    I've come to this conclusion because my headset is working fine on my laptop.

My problem:

Most of the time (about 80%) windows does not recognize my headset
    Pic: http://puu.sh/4IxM0.png

Sometimes (about 20%) it's got a 'Set Adress Failed' error
    Pic: http://puu.sh/4IxR2.png

And other times (not seeing this anymore) windows simply can't find the driver. (But it saw it was a Razer Megalodon)

What I've done to try and resolve my issue: (in a random order)
    • I've reinstalled Windows 8
    • ​I have just reinstalled my computer with windows 7
    • After my Windows 8 installation was finished I immediately downloaded & installed the newest
    • mobo drivers from the manufacturer's website
    • I've uninstalled the drivers (while being an Unknown Device) and replugged the headset
    • I've updated the firmware of my Razer Megalodon (via my laptop)
    • I've updated Windows.
    • I've installed about every Windows update (those kbxxxxxxxxxx files) I could find by searching for people with the same problem for multiple hours
    • I've plugged the headset into every USB port in my computer
    • I've set my USB Root hubs' power management not to go idle (put this feature back on, and off again)
    • I've used Device Manager to try and find the driver 20+ times
    • I've used this
    • I've used 'sfc /scannow' in CMD
    • I've installed the mobo drivers from the disc that came with the mobo

When did this problem start?

This problem started when I upgraded my mobo & CPU (to a Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H and Intel i5 4670K) and installed Windows 8 (from Windows 7) on my computer.
    It could be a motherboard issue, but I don't think it is since the device does get powered (all lights on it are on all the time) and windows did find it earlier.
    Now that I've reinstalled windows 7 I'm pretty sure it must have something to do with the motherboard; if only I knew what...

Additional Info:
    • Hardware Ids:
      USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
    • Device status:
      Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    • Device Instance Path:
      USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&13A74B18&1&6

My question:
    Do you guys know a solution to my problem?

Thanks for reading this and thanks for replying; I really hope we can find a solution here!
    Last edited by Bouche Dag; 10-06-2013, 02:51 PM.

Re: USB Headset not recognized

Originally posted by Bouche Dag View Post
    Forgot to put my motherboard in the title; I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H

I'd like to start saying that I've put this in the Windows 8 forums since I'm convinced it's a windows problem, and no problem with my headset.
    I've come to this conclusion because my headset is working fine on my laptop.

My problem:

Most of the time (about 80%) windows does not recognize my headset
    Pic: http://puu.sh/4IxM0.png

Sometimes (about 20%) it's got a 'Set Adress Failed' error
    Pic: http://puu.sh/4IxR2.png

And other times (not seeing this anymore) windows simply can't find the driver. (But it saw it was a Razer Megalodon)

What I've done to try and resolve my issue: (in a random order)
    • I've reinstalled Windows 8
    • ​I have just reinstalled my computer with windows 7
    • After my Windows 8 installation was finished I immediately downloaded & installed the newest
    • mobo drivers from the manufacturer's website
    • I've uninstalled the drivers (while being an Unknown Device) and replugged the headset
    • I've updated the firmware of my Razer Megalodon (via my laptop)
    • I've updated Windows.
    • I've installed about every Windows update (those kbxxxxxxxxxx files) I could find by searching for people with the same problem for multiple hours
    • I've plugged the headset into every USB port in my computer
    • I've set my USB Root hubs' power management not to go idle (put this feature back on, and off again)
    • I've used Device Manager to try and find the driver 20+ times
    • I've used this
    • I've used 'sfc /scannow' in CMD
    • I've installed the mobo drivers from the disc that came with the mobo

When did this problem start?

This problem started when I upgraded my mobo & CPU (to a Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H and Intel i5 4670K) and installed Windows 8 (from Windows 7) on my computer.
    It could be a motherboard issue, but I don't think it is since the device does get powered (all lights on it are on all the time) and windows did find it earlier.
    Now that I've reinstalled windows 7 I'm pretty sure it must have something to do with the motherboard; if only I knew what...

Additional Info:
    • Hardware Ids:
    • Device status:
    • Device Instance Path:

My question:
    Do you guys know a solution to my problem?

Thanks for reading this and thanks for replying; I really hope we can find a solution here!
    Hi, I have the exact same problem with my laptop, and I've found it happening with many others, this is not a problem with the motherboard, this is a problem with the usb as far as I can tell. If you find a solution please update this form if you find a solution and I'll do the same.

Comment

Working...
    X