Can't change voltage on X79 UD3 for an I3820 running F11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't change voltage on X79 UD3 for an I3820 running F11

I decided to overclock my I3820 to 4.3 . I started this morning by simply setting the multiplier to 40 turning off the turbo as well, and it ran fine however the voltage runs at 1.32 instead of the 1.29 and I know that's not necessary. The thing is I can't remove the voltage adjustment off auto to access it.

any ideas?

Running an F11 bios.

Re: Can't change voltage on X79 UD3 for an I3820 running F11

Tough question I guess?

I figured out how to enter a value for a different voltage but how do I get it to stick? It still runs above what I set into the CPU Vcore control.

Comment

Originally posted by mike stokes View Post
      Tough question I guess?

I figured out how to enter a value for a different voltage but how do I get it to stick? It still runs above what I set into the CPU Vcore control.
      hit enter after you adjust it, that will back you out. Mike try to stick to one thread its easier to keep up that way. You should be able to do 40 from default voltage, I wouldn't add more than + .010 or 1.35V.No need to turn off turbo the UD3 is a gigabyte board right? there good clockers, not sure on your cooler for the CPU? Also that chip I don't know, but the Bios on a X79 I know fairly well.
      MSI X-99SLI
      Intel 5930K WATER
      EVGA Nilla 1080
      POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

CPU cooler...temps are fine it rarely goes above 60C. Sorry about the multiple threads.

I hit enter it doesn't stick. When I boot it up and watch Core Temps it goes back up above my setting.

I tried it at 4.0 and it went to 1.320 and stays there even when I enter 1.30 or 1.31 in the VCore.

So at that rate 4.3 is out of the question.

Did I buy the worst combination of CPU and MB on the planet?

I can't believe I can't figure this out.

Comment

You just need to read and be patient, if you set to V1.4 and it gives you 1.320 that is an off set or V drop they call it. It will move around also, this is very confusing trying to help you twice. Again you should not need to increase the Vcore @4.3, the board will AUTO adjust the V core for you. Maybe the UD3 doesn't, in that case just add one + notch to it at a time.
          MSI X-99SLI
          Intel 5930K WATER
          EVGA Nilla 1080
          POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
          X