Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

I have installed IRST 12.xxxx whit my x79 ud3 on bios 16 mod.

You recommand me to reflash whit offical not modded f16 bios, unninstall IRST and install RSTE Macg?

Comment

Originally posted by Mseirco View Post
      I have installed IRST 12.xxxx whit my x79 ud3 on bios 16 mod.

You recommand me to reflash whit offical not modded f16 bios, unninstall IRST and install RSTE Macg?
      I would recommend using RSTe v3.7.3.1002.

From reading what is supported in IRST, x79/C600 is not even listed on the compatibility page.
      Last edited by MacG32; 09-12-2013, 09:32 PM. Reason: Added website link and changed recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG32 View Post
        I would recommend using RSTe v3.7.3.1002.

From reading what is supported in IRST, x79/C600 is not even listed on the compatibility page.
        Yes is for the new recommendation i ask you.. then, i can unninstal irst 12 and reinstall rste whit my modded bios or is better i reflash whit non modded bios before? irst have maybe damaged my ssd? i use it in ahci mod not in raid. another last question, can i keep flash my firmware ME whit 9.5.xxxxx ?

Comment

Hello, i just install RSTE and i make a speed test (whit magician samsung)

And i have a very bad result now in writing. I have only 238mo/s (before whit Irst i got 530mo/s..)

This is maybe because i have a modded bios whit RSTE rom 3.8.xxxx ?

EDIT: ok i try a benchmark whit crystal disk mark this time and whit crystal disk mark i got a good result in write.. 510mb/s.

What wrong?? A bug whit samsung magician software??

EDIT 2: AS SSD benchmarking give me too a bad write performance.. (300MB/s). I think i will reinstall Irst dude..

EDIT 26;P: I can confirme, whit IRST i got back my 500+MB/s in write and system boot better too!
          Last edited by Mseirco; 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Afeter flashing with F16mod the SSD acceleration is broken. Went back to F16 official, and it's still is. I can't use my SSD as Cache anymore. Any ideas?

RSTe doesn't support acceleration, AFAIK.

Comment

Hello, i just install RSTE and i make a speed test (whit magician samsung)

And i have a very bad result now in writing. I have only 238mo/s (before whit Irst i got 530mo/s..)

This is maybe because i have a modded bios whit RSTE rom 3.8.xxxx ?

EDIT: ok i try a benchmark whit crystal disk mark this time and whit crystal disk mark i got a good result in write.. 510mb/s.

What wrong?? A bug whit samsung magician software??

EDIT 2: AS SSD benchmarking give me too a bad write performance.. (300MB/s). I think i will reinstall Irst dude..

EDIT 26;P: I can confirme, whit IRST i got back my 500+MB/s in write and system boot better too!
              I'm glad you got it all worked out for the best. From what I've been reading about IRST in AHCI mode is that it does work better than Microsoft's standard AHCI driver. For some reason my eyes skipped over the fact you aren't using RAID.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't find any information to explain why the Accelerate function is grayed out. My guess is that the driver is not properly enabled on the device or needs reinstalled. Changing from IRST to RSTe or even AHCI may/will require a full Windows reinstall. It seems like a long and drawn out process to switch between them.

The main reason I chose RSTe over IRST is my RAID 0 SSDs. While IRST helps HDDs with the added boost of a SSD, that's something I don't require. There are hybrid HDDs with SSD elements that give the same results as IRST, without having it installed. With RSTe being an enterprise driver, I feel much more secure using it.

Testing BETA BIOS' comes with high risks that range from simple incompatibility to total data loss/corruption. It's like a box of chocolates...lol I would suggest having an image of your OS drive readily available for recovery purposes. I legally downloaded the OS .iso from here, used this to get all of the updates, used this to slipstream them back in to the .iso, and use that to reinstall Windows with. You can also use this to slim down/customize Windows to suite your needs, before slipstreaming the updates.

Comment

if i understand goid, you tell me that the irst xause incompatibility problem only when we set raid mode in bios? then for me, i set ahci in bios, i can use irst without anny problems. is this?

Comment

if i understand goid, you tell me that the irst xause incompatibility problem only when we set raid mode in bios? then for me, i set ahci in bios, i can use irst without anny problems. is this?
                  It's working perfectly for you, so you're good.

Comment

Yes, smart reponse is working only in RAID mod right? then for me i not need this feature?

Comment

hello, i got back good perormance whit rstE. for that, i haved to disable an option of my ssd, i have window 7 in french language then i write you the option that i have to disable, "desactiver vidage du cache en ecriture" whit that disactivate, i get back good performance in write. 500mb\s

Comment

Originally posted by MacG32 View Post
                        FTK v0.9.6.1 Grab that, make a bootable USB with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 using these files Win98SE_bootdisk.iso extracted to a folder like a zip file, put the FTK files and F3u BIOS on it, boot from it, go to the directory with the FTK files and BIOS, and type fpt -bios -f biosname.f3u. Shut down when complete and you'll have F3u again.
                        Special thanks to you, I lost my iRST too and cannot overclock my 3820 no more after upgrade my bios over F14 on my GA-X79-UD3. Now I was able to downgrade before F15 with that.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X