4 dimm bios issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 dimm bios issues

OK so I've tried everything mentioned here and even updated to f7 and retried everything. I still get random bsod's with weird errors like kmode exception not handled I can post mini dumps when I get home...I'm seriously thinking of just RMAing this board this is rediculous is c2 stepping out?

Comment

I suggest you to change memory,which is on GB memory list and compatible with Haswell system.
      Beleive me,board is OK.

Comment

I don't have money to just go out and get new ram ive already used my budget for this computer and i cant return this ram...ddr3 is supposed to be a universal standard.....

Comment

Originally posted by d0u8l3m View Post
          I don't have money to just go out and get new ram ive already used my budget for this computer and i cant return this ram...ddr3 is supposed to be a universal standard.....
          Ahhh,I understand you .......different DDR3 memory had always been released,when new system appear (to be compatible).
          Only way is manual, found best (stable) memory setting (secondary and tertiary in BIOS)
          Last edited by stasio; 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I mean I can keep playing with settings...you really think the board is good? With those other guys having issues with gskill ram I'm even less likely to try new ram now

Comment

Intel specifies that memory voltage for Ivy Bridge & Haswell should never exceed 1.50 volts.
              There exist DDR3 memory sticks that can run at default settings at 1.25 & 1.35 volts, which would then leave another +0.25 or +0.15 volts for overclocking.
              One example: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLT2K4G3D1608ET3LX0 - Newegg.com

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                I suggest you to change memory,which is on GB memory list and compatible with Haswell system.
                Beleive me,board is OK.
                FWIW, my memory is in the QVL and still one month later, I cannot get it to work on its rated specs. There's a small chance it's the memory's fault, but in all likelihood it's the board and you need to work on it!

Comment

Originally posted by GM74 View Post
                  FWIW, my memory is in the QVL and still one month later, I cannot get it to work on its rated specs. There's a small chance it's the memory's fault, but in all likelihood it's the board and you need to work on it!
                  Well as much as I really didn't want too and probably shouldn't have, I bought new corsair vengeance ram that is on the list...this time i got 2 8gb sticks because they were the same price and so far people have been saying that they are stable with 2 sticks

Needless to say if my system isn't stable I'm returning the ram and getting a different motherboard >=/

If anyone has any advice to get this system stable let me know please its really an issue, this system needs to be working 100% before school starts...its not just for gaming its for school work (im a computer and electrical engineering student before anyone busts on me that my computer is overkill lol (even tough it might be))

Comment

does anyone know if gigabyte has fixed this or if there are really any stable work-a-rounds till they do have it fixed? does gigabyte know about this issue? i think ive tried everything and its pretty upsetting..

Comment

On my Z87X-OC, when I added the second pair of DIMMs, I had BSODs already on Windows start. Upping SA (system agent voltage) by 0.2v (now 0.18v) and RAM voltage from stock 1.5v to 1.6v solved that problem. Now the 4x8GB GeIL run fine with their XMP 1866 speed and timings.

Comment

Originally posted by d0u8l3m View Post
                        Well as much as I really didn't want too and probably shouldn't have, I bought new corsair vengeance ram that is on the list...this time i got 2 8gb sticks because they were the same price and so far people have been saying that they are stable with 2 sticks

Needless to say if my system isn't stable I'm returning the ram and getting a different motherboard >=/
                        Hello.

I know it's been nearly 45 days since you last posted here, but would you mind sharing your experience after you've received the 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance sticks?

Also, what BIOS version are you currently using with your GIGABYTE Motherboard?

Thanks!
                        //subscribed to thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AlderaaN View Post
                          Hello.

I know it's been nearly 45 days since you last posted here, but would you mind sharing your experience after you've received the 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance sticks?

Also, what BIOS version are you currently using with your GIGABYTE Motherboard?

Thanks!
                          //subscribed to thread.
                          i forgot to post that i fixed my issue by finding out that it actually was the ram.. i had to memtest them 1 at a time and not as a whole group to find the bad one.. i suggest all to do this if they havnt yet..

Comment

Sorry to necro my old thread, but Im turing my rig into an UnRaid server and still had that old RAM lying around and im still having issues. I tried playing around with the IMC voltages (+.25 on sys agent/analog IO/didital IO) and bumping memory voltage to 1.65V, still getting bootloops/post=15.

I memtested the memory for about 12-14 hours and it all passed OK, so i know its a board/BIOS issue and im running the latest which is F10 from the beta bios thread. Messing about with the IMC voltages helped a bit as it usually posts after the second restart, but i still cant get it to just work normally. I am upgrading to a 4790K since i need the VT-d support for Unraid so maybe the IMC in that chip will be a bit more stable but i have my doubts, is there anything else i can try? Cant afford getting rid of this board and getting a Z97 board, plus ive seen people having issues with those as well.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X