Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front USB 3.0 ports not working

Hello,
    I can't make my USB 3.0 in the front to work, nothing happens, the USB 3.0 ports doesn't do a thing. For example: When I hook my USB flash drive into a 2.0 port, the led will be on, the computer will do that sound that windows does any time you plug a USB device, the explorer window will automatically open, etc. When I try the same flash drive (or, my iPhone for example) into the port 3.0 nothing happens, no iTunes opening, no windows sound, no led, nothing.
    Now, this morning I couldn't make ANY USB3 port work, after some tweaking (honestly I don't know what I did, I've tried a millon things and lost track) I made the USB3 on the rear to work yay! but the ones I'm interested are in the front and they're still dead, here's a screenshot, now I've this new highlighted line:

and maybe this can help aswell:

Re: Front USB 3.0 ports not working

"Front USB 3.0 ports not working "....you mean USB ports on your casing? (or what)
    Which board and case you have?
    Mostly cases, got USB 2/3 cables which must be plug in USB 2/3 ports on motherboard.
    (also with latest USB drivers)

Comment

Hello, thanks for your answer. Yes I mean the USB ports in the case, my motherboard is a GA-Z77P-D3, the brand of the case is Zalman Z9 U3. The CPU-Z say that I've a Chipset Intel - Ivy Bridge. I've got the latest drivers from the official Gigabyte site
      Hope that help you to help me ;)

Comment

Did you plug USB 2/3 cables from your case:

to USB 2/3 ports on your board:

Edit:
        Your case Manual:

Your board Manual:
        Last edited by stasio; 07-29-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Well, I didn't plug nothing because I bought the computer in a store just like this, but my case has a "window" and I can see that nothing is plugged in the F_USB30 socket :s so that might be the problem. Question: Do you know if the cable that should be plugged in that socket is "integrated" in the case? or I should buy the cable and plug it to the case and the F_USB30 socket? Thanks again for your help ;)

Comment

All cables came together with your case.You no need to buy anything else,just plug in........
            So Off your PC,open the window (or at the back) and you will found the cables.

Comment

Well... that's done. Thank you for your help stasio :)
              Now, I opened my case and search for the right cable to plug into the F_USB30 socket, of course that cable wasn't there, that would have been too easy, instead I've found 2 weird cables coming out the USB 3.0 front ports and ending into USB 3.0 plugs! weird indeed, what should I have two USB plugs lying into my case? Anyways, in the back of the tower there are two holes, I've just passed those cables through them and plug them into the rear USB 3.0 and voila, now the front ports are working! It was all in the funny built case. Thanks Zalman !

Comment

If you look Zalman pic for USB 3.0 cables (right side).......they stated "OR" ...so it's mean they used only left cable.
                At least working now.

Comment

Working...
                X