Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 not booting (with GTX TITAN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 not booting (with GTX TITAN)

I'd like to revisit this thread... I'm using the 12S bios for the G1.Assassin2 and have noticed that with the 780GTX card from nVidia the Assassin2 freezes at the BIOS screen on boot.

If the BIOS settings are set to Legacy for the cards, then the system boots.

However, if you set the Assassin2 to use legacy mode (as opposed to enhanced mode), then the card only runs at PCI-E 2.x according to GPU-Z.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make sure the X79 g1.Assassin2 can use a 780GTX in PCI-E 3.0 mode as it should?

Comment

Originally posted by Gbmaryland View Post
      I'd like to revisit this thread... I'm using the 12S bios for the G1.Assassin2 and have noticed that with the 780GTX card from nVidia the Assassin2 freezes at the BIOS screen on boot.

If the BIOS settings are set to Legacy for the cards, then the system boots.

However, if you set the Assassin2 to use legacy mode (as opposed to enhanced mode), then the card only runs at PCI-E 2.x according to GPU-Z.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make sure the X79 g1.Assassin2 can use a 780GTX in PCI-E 3.0 mode as it should?
      Try This
      Geforce 600 Series Gen3 Support On X79 Platform
      G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
      CPU Intel x3960
      Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
      Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
      Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
      Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
      Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
      Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
      PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
      Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
      Screen Benq XL2420T 24
      Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

I guess the next question is, as I'm starting to find more threads (though none new) about this issue:

Is the Assassin2 X79 motherboard stable with PCI-E 3.0 enable with an nVidia 780GTX / Titian video card? (Ran absolutely fine with the ATI 7970, BTW)?

Of course, I'm running a Sandy Bridge-E CPU...

Comment

I did find this comparison of a 600 series nVidia card with PCI-E 2.x vs 3.0 on an X79:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 Review - Page 25

It effectively indicates that with larger monitors, such as the 30 inch unit I've got, there is really little difference.

...of course, if the game is something like Metro Last Light, it could make a difference. -grin-

I've got to be honest, I've had more issues with the X79 Assassin2 than any other board / platform I've owned in the last 12 years. If it wasn't for BIOS hacking from this forum, I'd have posted a You Tube video with the G1.Assassin2 and a Gigabyte logo being ripped to shreds by machine gun fire.

Comment

Keep your eyes open for new improved bios, windows 8 support etc, apparantly a few weeks.
            A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
              Keep your eyes open for new improved bios, windows 8 support etc, apparantly a few weeks.
              I really hope so as I have a gtx780 and a new 4820k that are tired of waiting for support from gigabyte

Comment

Working...
              X