Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 no post, no video, no beep codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 no post, no video, no beep codes.

Just fans spin up. Except the graphics card; its fan does not spin. Swapped out another known good card, and its fans also do not spin up. All other fans do spin up. I had updated the bios, to F13, using QFlash (thanks LSDmeASAP.) And loaded optimized defaults according to LSDmeASAP. Then it got stuck on "Loading Operating system." It just hung there. I thought it hung because the usb stick I had used to update the bios was still plugged into the back of the machine. I removed it, and rebooted and now no response other than fans spinning up and the mobo lights are all lit up. Anyway, I took out the memory and it did return beep codes. I also tried unplugging all the HDD and the SSD to see if that helped. (no go.) Of course I removed the graphics card and plugged the monitor into the DVI on the mobo. And I tried reviving the bios by shorting pins 5 and 6 according to LSDmeASAP's thread here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ng-failed.html So now my choices are to Try a known good power supply, RMA board (still under warranty), try harder to revive board's bios. (Or anything else y'all can think of that I should do.)
    What do y'all think are the next steps here? I'm temped to just ship it back to Gigabyte for RMA. Any help is very welcome, as always.

EDIT: configuration signature, to fix errors

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, rev. 1.0, bios F13
    Corsair 650TX PSU
    core i5 2500K, OC to 4.0
    Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    EVGA geforce 9800 gt
    Plexter? SSD boot drive
    Yamakasi Catleap Q270 LED
    Last edited by OldGrowthSalmon; 05-12-2013, 09:54 PM.
    My Hackintosh Rig

Re: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 no post, no video, no beep codes.

Okay this is weird. I moved the graphics card to another slot, and used a different PSU graphics card plug, and the machine booted up as normal (with SSD plugged back in of course.) No issues. Except it failed to respond to power on switch for around 10 minutes. I just left it and came back and it booted up again. I tested the mobo DVI port and it functions normally. Maybe the PSU is on the fritz. Any help is appreciated. Otherwise I'm going to wait till issues crop up again and then try with another PSU.

EDIT: seems to be working fine all day today.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, rev. 1.0, bios F13
    Corsair 650TX PSU
    core i5 2500K, no OC, (3.3GHz )
    Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    EVGA geforce 9800 gt
    Plexter? SSD boot drive
    Yamakasi Catleap Q270 LED
    Last edited by OldGrowthSalmon; 05-14-2013, 08:02 PM.
    My Hackintosh Rig

Comment

Working...
    X