Corsair Dominator 2000mhz on a GA-X79S-UP5-WFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Dominator 2000mhz on a GA-X79S-UP5-WFI

Hi, I am about to take delivery of my new motherboard, a GA-X79S-UP5 wifi along with an i7-3820, and I am trying to make sure that I have got everything ready for when I do my rebuild because I can't afford for my system to be down for any longer than necessary (I work at home).

I have to use as much stuff out of my old rig as I can seeing as this rebuild wasn't planned, the sata controllers on my old board (X58A-UD7) have decided to start playing up and at the moment it is a gamble everyday whether my system will boot or not

In my old rig I have 12gb of Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1600C8 2000mhz (6x2gb) and I'd like to use because it cost a small fortune (and I can't afford to buy more) and I'd like to know if there are going to be any issues with using this memory on my new board? Can I use all 6 sticks and is there a particular order? The manual shows how to seat 4 or 8 sticks but make no mention of any other configuration.

Also, I intend to use the SAS ports for connecting SATA drives, do I use standard SATA cables for this (excuse this stupid question, I'd never heard of SAS before yesterday) and do I have to enable the SAS ports in the BIOS (I believe the default is disabled) before I can do this?

Lastly, can anyone recommend good, reasonably priced memory that can be used on this board? The manual gives some examples but all of the model numbers are for memory that is not available in the UK.

Thanks

Flo

Re: Corsair Dominator 2000mhz on a GA-X79S-UP5-WFI

you can only use 4 or 8 sticks as that board supports dual channel only not triple channel(3 sticks),yes you can use it but it might be unstable I don't know

just connect your drives to the sata ports,sas are for multiple drives I think

SAS - Technical definition of SAS

can recommend the Samsung green ddr3 memory that's in my sig,works well on gigabyte x79 and overclocks to 2133mhz+
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Corsair Dominator 2000mhz on a GA-X79S-UP5-WFI

Thanks for that, looks like I'm investing in some new ram as well, bugger!

Comment

Working...
      X