my pc specification

1. intel g630 processor
    2. z77x-ud5h revision 1.0
    3. patriot 8gb ddr3 dual channel 1600mhz
    4. psu seasonic x750
    5. vga intel hd
    6. hdisk hitachi 500gb 7200rpm as os
    7. wdc green 3tb ezrx

my usb3 performance write speed from wdc mybook essential usb 3.0 cant reach more than 50mb/s (average at 35-45mb/s) when i copied data from mypc to eksternal mybook usb3
    when i bought this board 8 month ago, the usb3 speed was very good like 60-105mb/s. average at 80mb/s
    i am using terra copy and i copied alot of data everyday from my pc to eksternal hdrive around 500gb everyday.

this case just happen around 1 week ago, iam already tried every solution from gogle nothing can be back like before which is 60-100 above mbp/s
    have try all step like

1. already install intel usb.3 latest driver 1.0825 from intel website
    2. already try clean install windows 7 64bit
    3. already try update mother bios from f14,f15q,f15r
    4. bios setting already enable xhci, xhci streams enable, ahci enable

Nothing changed,
    the transfer speed just can't go above 50mb/s , have tried all 4 usb 3 ports at back panel all the same can't reach above 50mb/s

can usb3 performance degrade over times?
    or am i missing something here.

plz help me, i willing to try anything to make the transfer rate comes back like before.
    Thanks alot
    Last edited by HUGO79; 04-13-2013, 02:26 PM.

Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H usb3 performance degrade ,plz help

have you cleared the cmos fuuly by removing the motherboard battery for 30 minutes? then load optimised defaults and re enter your bios settings

other than that I don't know what the issue is,usb3 shouldn't degrade at all
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      have you cleared the cmos fuuly by removing the motherboard battery for 30 minutes? then load optimised defaults and re enter your bios settings

other than that I don't know what the issue is,usb3 shouldn't degrade at all
      thanks for the tips,
      haven't try that one, will try it later, do i have to update bios again after remove the battery or just remove the battery.
      does anyone know the best bios version for fastest usb3 speed.

Comment

latest beta would be the best

and no you don't have to reflash,it just resets the bios,sometimes it can corrupt and cause issues
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i have tried removing the cmos battery for 30 minutes, but the speed remain same cant reach more than 50mb/s it's weird really,
          nothing changed in my hardware still the same like 8 month ago, but the speed was so good before.
          anyway does processor speed impact usb 3 speed, if i upgrade my cpu to g2010 or i5 will it be faster when transfer data from usb 3?

Comment

Can you reproduce the abnormal behaviour on a different computer?

It could be not related to the motherboard at all be an issue with the external drive. Mechanical degradation, file corruption, power supply weakness (if the external device requires external power)... there are a number of reasons why an external hard drive's performance could degrade.

There is also the possibility that the source files themselves could be the cause. Is it a large amount of small files or a few big ones?

You may want to explore these possibilities instead of persisting on banging your head against the proverbial wall ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MrT0ad View Post
              Can you reproduce the abnormal behaviour on a different computer?

It could be not related to the motherboard at all be an issue with the external drive. Mechanical degradation, file corruption, power supply weakness (if the external device requires external power)... there are a number of reasons why an external hard drive's performance could degrade.

There is also the possibility that the source files themselves could be the cause. Is it a large amount of small files or a few big ones?

You may want to explore these possibilities instead of persisting on banging your head against the proverbial wall ;)
              Thanks for the tips,
              i sure it's not eksternal hdrive fault or degradation, why?
              because i use only new eksternal hdisk everyday to copy data, everyday i open a brand new eksternal hdrive to copy data from my pc.
              (my job is to copy data everyday to a new hdisk )
              power supply weakness maybe but it's seasonic x750 gold series i dont think the problem in psu.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGO79 View Post
                Thanks for the tips,
                i sure it's not eksternal hdrive fault or degradation, why?
                because i use only new eksternal hdisk everyday to copy data, everyday i open a brand new eksternal hdrive to copy data from my pc.
                (my job is to copy data everyday to a new hdisk )
                power supply weakness maybe but it's seasonic x750 gold series i dont think the problem in psu.
                There is then an alternative course of action that would allow you to "split two ways". It does involve spending some money but you could purchase a (decent) PCIe USB 3.0 card and compare the results with the integrated USB ports.

This would allow you to determine whether is the USB 3 ports on the board or something else what is hindering you.

It is... morally grey what I am about to suggest, but if you acquire the card from a supplier with a hassle-free return policy you could always return it for credit after your experiment if you do not want/need to keep it.

In the long run you could also review your backup policy too, there are other ways to do it, but as of here-and-now the above suggestion seems a valid one.

Comment

btw, just bought another new mainboard msi z77 usb3 speed transfer rate is around 65-90mb/s.
                  the speed just like the first 8 month with gigabyte z77 ud5 board.

still curious why it's degraded, maybe next bios can change it , i hope

Comment

There is a firmware upgrade for the integrated VIA USB 3.0 hubs on the board here:

www.station-drivers.com &bull; Afficher le sujet - Firmware: Via USB 3.0 Controllers

The one you are after is for the VL810 chipset. I have been able to successfully upgrade to firmware 9.60, have not figured out how to upgrade to 9.72 beta.

I was hunting for this searching for a solution with my problem with the Dell monitor.

Comment

Run ATTO and AS SSD benchmarks and post your results.
                      With AS SSD, click on Sprache and select English to change the language.

This should show if there is a problem.

Using the Intel usb 3.0 ports should give you the best read/write performance.
                      Your mobo user manual will show you which usb 3.0 ports are the Intel ports.

I was copying several large folders today from my 4K-aligned hard drive to the external drive which has 4K-aligned partitions and my average throughput was about 65 - 75 MB/s (not mbps).
                      With a lot of very small files, the throughput was 1 - 10 MB/s.
                      When I'm copying large files, 50 - 100MB, the throughput to my external averages 100+ MB/s.
                      When you use win7's Disk Management to format a new drive, windows will automatically align your partition(s) on a 4K boundary.

The attached screen-shot was taken when my external hard drive was new.
                      See my signature for the details of my P35-DS3L / dual core system.
                      I'm using a HighPoint 1022A usb 3.0 controller add-in card.

My system is half-fast compared to your system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TOSHIBA Canvio Desk 3TB USB 3.0 Black Desktop External Hard Drive HDWC130XK3J1 benchmark + info .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	753641
                      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Working...
                      X