No announcement yet.

Gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3 bios to uefi fail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3 bios to uefi fail!

I just used flashefi to update my z68x-ud5-b3 from bios f10 to uefi beta bios u1b. I used a bootable usb stick and it seemed to work fine. Upon rebooting, the pc now just loops on and off without posting. Any help would be great!
    Last edited by Kcajjones; 03-15-2013, 04:08 AM.

Re: Gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3 bios to uefi fail!

Ud1 BIOS did not exist (where you get this?).

Only U1b and is recommended 2 weeks ago, NOT to flash.

Comment

Apologies, u1b is the bios. I got it from station drivers. I realise it's beta but I thought I'd be safe with dual bios chips. Is there anyway to recover or any key combination to hold down on power up to get the motherboard to read a bios file from usb?

Comment

Station Drivers is not credible for GB BIOS.
        Try to kick Backup BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
          Station Drivers is not credible for GB BIOS.
          Try to kick Backup BIOS.
          How do I do that? I've read about holding the power button and turning the psu on to try and get the dual bios to activate, but no success.

Comment

Method #1:
            1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
            2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
            3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and
            should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
            1. Shut your PC down
            2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
            3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

or

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
            2. Press and hold the case Power On switch, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
            3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and
            shut off the power supply via the switch on the rear of the unit.
            (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
            4. The board will shut down.
            5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
            6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in.
            You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS
            and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.
            Last edited by stasio; 03-15-2013, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I've just tried methods 1 and 2 with no success. For method 3, I think I see the two bios chips, but how do I tell which is the main chip and which is the backup? Also, to do this I would need to remove the graphics card. Will the bios recovery work fine without a display?

Comment

I am not sure about recovery from UEFI to AWARD BIOS,but try many times.

Btw,
                I already send PM to Station Drivers to remove that BIOS (as is not came thru my channels).
                Last edited by stasio; 03-15-2013, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                  I am not sure about recovery from UEFI to AWARD BIOS,but try many times.

Btw,
                  I already send PM to Station Drivers to remove that BIOS (as is not came thru my channels).
                  Yeah that's probably best no one else tries as it seems non functional.
                  Damn, haven't been able to get anything working unfortunately. I think possibly rma time unless you have any other ideas? Thanks again for the help anyway, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X