AMD 8350 CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 moboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 8350 CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 moboard

Hi All need help Re: BIOS settings for AMD 8350 CPU, Gigabyte ga-990FXA-UD5 moboard, Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB DDR3
    I did have a 6 core chip 1090t chip on the board but decided to put the 8350 chip on have the lasted bois but every time I change my memory setting so I can use the memory at 1600 I get this error msg and then it reverts back 1333 after reboot
    The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking,
    The last settings in BIOS setup may not coincide with current H/W states,
    current CPU speed: 18.0 x 200 MHz,
    current memory speed: 1333 MHz,
    current HT speed: 2600 MHz,
    press <DEL> key to enter the BIOS setup
    or press any rest of keys to continue. have included a txt file from cpu z any help would be appreciated thanks mark
    Attached Files

Re: AMD 8350 CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 moboard

Setting these up in the BIOS using XMP, JEDEC, or manually?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

hi thanks for your reply but have tried all the setting like I use to with the 6 core but every time I change it with this 8 core it come with that error msg

Comment

So that us other Users here know what you have there system-wise, please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' and select Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Originally posted by stumpy03 View Post
        hi thanks for your reply but have tried all the setting like I use to with the 6 core but every time I change it with this 8 core it come with that error msg
        That tells us absolutely nothing concerning how to help you. Yea, sure, you know what you've tried so far but we do not have a clue. We're left guessing and or mind-reading without further specifics from yourself. We need to know all that you have tried so that we don't start looking like third grade recess, mindlessly kicking the ball back and forth between us and you.

Setting these up in the BIOS using XMP, JEDEC, or manually? What timings, voltages? I've also tried ....... <- These are the things you need to contribute for us to help
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by stumpy03 View Post
          current CPU speed: 18.0 x 200 MHz
          That looks suspiciously like the base setting for a 3.6GHz FX-8150. Definitely not the 20.0 x 200 I would expect the BIOS to display with a 4.0GHz FX-8350 installed.

What is your BIOS reporting this cpu as?

Comment

Working...
          X