Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 -> Tired of UEFI beta, want a functional bios.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 -> Tired of UEFI beta, want a functional bios.

Looked and couldn't find anything on if there was anything I needed to do specifically before changing back to f13. Do I just strait up flash it off uefi or the boot screen or what? Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 -> Tired of UEFI beta, want a functional bios.

On the BIOS thread there is a download for "UEFI back to AWARD" flash program listed under Z68 BIOS. Place it and your AWARD BIOS on a bootable USB stick, boot to it and type "efi2award biosname.xxx" without the quotes, where biosname.xxx is your BIOS filename. Make sure you have loaded optimal defaults before you flash.

Comment

Originally posted by flyfisher View Post
      On the BIOS thread there is a download for "UEFI back to AWARD" flash program listed under Z68 BIOS. Place it and your AWARD BIOS on a bootable USB stick, boot to it and type "efi2award biosname.xxx" without the quotes, where biosname.xxx is your BIOS filename. Make sure you have loaded optimal defaults before you flash.
      Thanks, finally I can do something with my bios besides ignore how useless it is.

Comment

Ok made a bootable drive using "rufus" with windows 98 dos file. then when prompted in the post screen hit f12 to boot from the usb drive. the usb drive is named G: but for some reason it shows up C: which is my primary hard drive. I try to cd to G but no sucess. I'm getting lost in this. I thought I saw a write up some months ago. Can you guys give me a better idea of the process? in other words a more specific than make a bootable drive and type the command in. (even though its probably that simple)

"efi2award z68ad3h.f13" is what I used for the command

**edit I got it to run but it gives me a "!!! Bad BIOS Image !!!"
        Last edited by Dorny1; 01-08-2013, 11:14 PM. Reason: interesting developments

Comment

Yes when you boot to the USB stick it will indeed be the C drive. Just type the command at the C prompt. I see there are two revisions for your board... 1.0 and 1.3... did you download the correct BIOS for your board revision? At any rate the file might be corrupted, I would download it again and try it.

Comment

I have this exact same problem. I've tried downloading it multiple times, including different versions including F12 and F11. Please provide instructions on how to fix this issue. I have many problems with the UEFI bios.

Comment

Try U1d.

Comment

Unfortunately this mobo only has BIOS updates up to U1b.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedeo View Post
                  Unfortunately this mobo only has BIOS updates up to U1b.
                  U1d is posted a week ago here:

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                    oh awesome! It fixed my random reboot on startup issue. Thanks!!

Comment

Nice.....
                      It's already on GB official page.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedeo View Post
                        oh awesome! It fixed my random reboot on startup issue. Thanks!!
                        You got a stable beta. How you made it out? I tried updating the official beta of this board and it gave me frastrating booting problems. So I tried to revert back to legacy with their official ones but ended up with "Bad BIOS Image".

Will this beta U1d work with my same board if I update with it?

Comment

I Think this is the last time I will buy a Gigabyte motherboard.

I have been a Gigabyte user for many years, but its motherboard stability is getting worse and worse.

I have updated the BIOS to U1d and still has problem of freezing now and then (every 2 or 3 days), and every time I put the PC to sleep, it usually crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by mxnerd View Post
                            I Think this is the last time I will buy a Gigabyte motherboard.

I have been a Gigabyte user for many years, but its motherboard stability is getting worse and worse.

I have updated the BIOS to U1d and still has problem of freezing now and then (every 2 or 3 days), and every time I put the PC to sleep, it usually crashed.
                            My X79-UP4 bought on February 2013 freezes at random every 9-13 hours some days and every 4-5 hours other days. Gigabyte refuses to release a BIOS with the latest Intel updates. Intel released many CPU Microcode updates but Gigabyte didn't include any of those either, they didn't bother updating the iRST option ROM and the Intel Management Engine Firmware is quite old too.
                            They negate the freezing bug. I spent over a month reporting them about the issue, they asked me to try the F3p and F3t Beta BIOS releases and I told them that the issue wasn't fixed and their rude reply was then that they never seen the freezing bug and it must be my fault then. They clearly didn't even bother assembling a configuration like mine to sort it out. Also I told them that other people were having the freezing bugs on other manufacturers boards like the Asus ones until December 2012 but then it got fixed with Asus updated BIOS releases on January2013, and Asus kept releasing updated BIOS for their X79 even more than a new one every month. I asked them to please assemble a Beta BIOS with latest Intel updates for me but they didn't give a damn. They don't care about their customers.

Comment

Working...
                            X