Bringing P55A-UD7 drivers up to date - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing P55A-UD7 drivers up to date - need help

I have a GA-P55A-UD7 board. It has been running BIOS F8a for a long time. I am going to try loading win 8 and I want to get things as current as makes sense or is necessary. My first question is the BIOS. There was a production F8a (which I am using), then there was a F8b marked as beta. Now on the Gigabyte site, there is no F8a and only the F8b, still marked as a beta. I am guessing that with the age of the thing, F8b will never move out of beta. Should I move to F8b or stay where I am. I have not been able to find any info on what was changed or even if it works properly.

After that gets resolved, how do I determine which of the many driver updates (ADDED during edit) ON THIS SITE I should apply. This is made much more confusing because some drivers changed basic names multiple times. I can't even tell which ones are really the drivers for the same device/process just with different names. (ADDED during edit) AND THERE ARE OTHER FIRMWARE DEPENDENCIES, AS WELL AS PERHAPS OTHER DRIVERS.

I will get win 7 as current as possible, then try to build a dual boot system or run Win7 in a virtual machine. I need to figure out how to manage that because I believe MS does not want you to be able to do that when upgrading. I want to update from Win7 to Win 8 and keep all the data and applications.

Assistance or links for any of the multiple question areas would be appreciated.

EDIT NOTE: I am aware of the firmware on this site. As I explained, I am confused about identifying the correct versions and Names.

As noted, I also know what MS says about their process. I don't believe there are no alternatives. For example cloning win 7 before installing Win 8 and then loading it in a virtual machine after Win 8 is installed. Not sure, but I suspect it is doable. This is not really an important part of this question and can be disregarded unless you actually have a solution. I mostly put it in to explain why I was doing this.
    Last edited by alternety; 12-29-2012, 04:58 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    i7 3770
    2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
    Integrated graphics
    Seasonic Platinum 760W
    be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
    Fractal Define XL R2 case
    Win 8.1 64 Pro

Re: Bringing P55A-UD7 drivers up to date - need help

if you want to dual boot with win7 and win8 you need full version of win8,the upgrade will upgrade your current win7 and theres no going back once its updated to windows 8

for all drivers look on gigabyte website and download/install the ones for your mb
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X