Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga f2a85x-d3h memory problem

Please Help.
    I have new ga f2a85x-d3h board, amd a6-5400k cpu and kingston khx1600c9d3/4g memory.
    My memory work only on 1333MHz, how to set up to work on 1600MHz??
    Sorry for bad English

Re: ga f2a85x-d3h memory problem

Originally posted by mua dib View Post
    Please Help.
    I have new ga f2a85x-d3h board, amd a6-5400k cpu and kingston khx1600c9d3/4g memory.
    My memory work only on 1333MHz, how to set up to work on 1600MHz??
    Sorry for bad English
    126 views and no one knows??????

Comment

The BIOS is probably defaulting your memory to 1333.

Have you entered the bios and manually set the memory speed?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        The BIOS is probably defaulting your memory to 1333.

Have you entered the bios and manually set the memory speed?
        Yes. I input manualy speed to 1600MHz and latency to 9-9-9-27 at 1,65v just like I found on kingston memory specification downloaded from their website. When I input that settings computer wont start. :(

Comment

Ok. I don't have the mb, so I'm only using the online mb manual so please bear with me.

In the bios, let's try setting Memory Frequency(MHz) to 1600, DRAM Timing Selectable to Auto(Channel A and B Timing Setting to Auto), and DRAM Voltage to 1.65.
          (and yes, i do see they req 1.65v to properly run at 1600)

Also, how many sticks of this memory are you using? If only two sticks, install them into the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 slots.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ok. I don't have the mb, so I'm only using the online mb manual so please bear with me.

In the bios, let's try setting Memory Frequency(MHz) to 1600, DRAM Timing Selectable to Auto(Channel A and B Timing Setting to Auto), and DRAM Voltage to 1.65.
            (and yes, i do see they req 1.65v to properly run at 1600)

Also, how many sticks of this memory are you using? If only two sticks, install them into the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 slots.
            That does not work. And I have only one module installed in ddr3_1 slot.

Comment

Ok.

ddr3_1??

I'll assume you meant DDR3-A1, and proceed to offer the below suggestions based on it not behaving in slot DDR3_A1.

Place the stick in DDR3_B2 and retry.

If it fails there put it in DDR3_B1 and retry.

If it fails there put it in DDR3_A2 and retry.

Comment

Ok.

ddr3_1??

I'll assume you meant DDR3-A1, and proceed to offer the below suggestions based on it not behaving in slot DDR3_A1.

Place the stick in DDR3_B2 and retry.

If it fails there put it in DDR3_B1 and retry.

If it fails there put it in DDR3_A2 and retry.
                Thanks for help it worked. I placed the stick in DDR3_A2 slot set to 1600MHz on 1,65v manualy entered latency to 9-9-9-27 and after that memory started to work on 1600MHz.
                Thanks again for your help and patience with me.
                Last edited by mua dib; 12-28-2012, 06:51 AM.

Comment

No problem. Glad to hear you got it running.

And my patience wasn't tested by you. The memory maybe , but certainly not you.

Comment

Working...
                  X