G41m-combo rev 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G41m-combo rev 2.0

If those voltages are correct, your 3.3volt rail seems very low.
    This rail is used to supply voltage to the cpu and memory.
    It should stay within a certain percentage from 3.3volt.( 3.35-3.29 volt average range)
    Yours being 3.20volt is low,need to have stable voltages before testing memory with memtest.
    Try other Psu ,and see if it is more stable.

Comment

Saw another interesting thing about your Rev 2 mobo, it only supports 4 gig of DDR3 and 8 gig of DDR2.
      the newest GA-G41combo Rev 1.3 supports 8 gig of DDR3 and 8 gigs of DDR2.
      Your Rev 2 mobo probally doesn't like having 4gigs in one Dimm, probally better off using 2x2gig sticks of memory=4gigs total.
      Or using 2x2gig of DDr2= 4g total, or finding 2x4 DDR2= 8gig total (which they do make but are expensive.)

Comment

Memory:
        Minimum operational voltage standard was/is 1.8v for ddr2
        ddr3 there isnt so much of a "operational standard "..initially it was around 1.65v,with the advent of on cpu memory controllers ,1.575 v came in to prevent too much voltage goin into the cpu.

Anyway on a 775 cpu 1.65 v to the memory,if needed is only like standard.
        Gigabyte boards tend to drop voltages inset in bios so if you enter 1.65v it may only end up as 1.64.

Your northbridge chip may need a lil more voltage ,if the bios allows it.
        Memory bandwith measurement is a usefull tool for 775 cpu's.
        Use something like Maxxmem2

As standard a 775 cpu and whatever memory,doesnt really matter what motherboard chipset is will get around 7-8gb/s of bandwidth.
        With the best chipset and a really good overclock of both memory and cpu you wont get over around 11 gb/s overall..
        Dont do anything that tries to exceed that like too much cpu speed ,too much fsb speed or too much memory speed /too tight on memory timings.

The ddr3 memory,if you think thats the prob..go for up to 1.7v..The gigabyte settings have/had a colour coding for the danger zone on mem voltages.like white/purple/red..
        the 610 is an ..inexpensive gx card..I wouldnt spend money on anything else until you have your system stable.
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

hmm, all these are really helpfull, i wont go for 8gb of ddr2. I might try another psu and watch the voltage.
          Just wont try anything too risky, will wait till i get some new stuff (or till they die) thx so much guys!

Comment

Working...
          X