GA-78LMT-USB3 760G with FX 8350 instability at stock settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-78LMT-USB3 760G with FX 8350 instability at stock settings

I have the same situation as pmarcus in the http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...-settings.html thread, just different hardware. I'm using the following for 3 identical setups:

AMD FX-8350 Vishera
    Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G MicroATX
    Pareema 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1333
    Rosewill RD400-2-DB 400W

BIOS version F4
    Windows 7 x64

I'm stress testing them now at voltages ranging from 1.36 to almost 1.39, and they're proving stable so far. I've also turned off Load Line control and Core Performance Boost. Temperatures are peaking at 55C.

I also noticed that the default NB VID for each system was different by default, ranging from 1.16 to 1.18, unable to bring the higher ones down at all.

My tweaks had to be done via AMD Overdrive. The BIOS doesn't give me the option to set the core voltage any lower than 1.4.

Re: GA-78LMT-USB3 760G with FX 8350 instability at stock settings

I called technical support at GIGABYTE and I was told to use a different stress test software, Sandra. The argument made was that I haven't experienced any lock-ups or blue screens and that Prime95 is old. So I'm stressing them with Sandra 2012 now.

Comment

Re: GA-78LMT-USB3 760G with FX 8350 instability at stock settings

Alright! I've got it fixed with Prime95 testing!

GIGABYTE tech support looked into it, and they told me in the BIOS to turn the "CPU Host Clock Control" from "Auto" to "Manual". Initially, this didn't work because I had turned my "Load Line Control" to "Regular". Once I switched that back to "Auto," I was keeping stable with Turbo and all!

Comment

Working...
      X