Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gigabyte z77x-d3h wont post reliably, posts, but after turning off and on, wont post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gigabyte z77x-d3h wont post reliably, posts, but after turning off and on, wont post.

could be,but on all ivybridge cpu's they use thermal paste inside the chip between the core and the external metal cover so it could be that thats poor
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: gigabyte z77x-d3h wont post reliably, posts, but after turning off and on, wont post.

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      could be,but on all ivybridge cpu's they use thermal paste inside the chip between the core and the external metal cover so it could be that thats poor
      just one last thing i thought id add which may lead to another solution. Basically when i get the successful post the time leading up to it is around 8-9 seconds, this is due to the cpu fan spinning up then slowing down, then spinning up again, whilst the psu fan is picking up (i think). Any idea what this could indicate? Since im pretty sure this is way too long.

Comment

I post one (+2) answer here

check your PSU,RAM,(pins)....before you blame motherboard

Edit:
        And be sure you flash BIOS in proper way.....
        Last edited by stasio; 12-08-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

what exactly do you mean i should check, surely if a cpu pin was bent then the system wouldnt post at all, i can get into the bios and see the processor, heck i can even start overclocking it if i want, surely there wouldnt a bent pin or anything. Ram also shows up on bios fine at correct speeds and voltages, ive tried every ram slot and its the same issue, also tried only 1 dimm.

Is there a way to check psu without trying another psu?

Comment

What is your problem...excatly...I don't want to go thru all this posts (usually is the same)....

Edit:
            One more advice.....as I change my Corsair H50 last week to XSPC watercooling,.....I tight screws to much....no boot.
            After some adjustment... I can boot with DDR3 2400......more (water block screw - less )adjustment .....DDR3 2666
            Last edited by stasio; 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
              What is your problem...excatly...I don't want to go thru all this posts (usually is the same)....
              My system works and is able to post (i5-3570k, 2x4gb ram, 212 evo heatsink), the cpu and ram show up fine on the bios with correct readings. However the problems start when the system is powered down and up again. After this the system will not post, and seems to get stuck in a boot cycle wherein the cpu cooler fan seems to spin up in bursts. The only way to make the system post again is to wait about 10 minutes.

ive also posted my question in that thread, maybe the issue will be well known.

EDIT:I flashed the bios the right way, using the guide on this forum, that worked out fine, but it didnt actually solve my problem.

EDIT2: Believe me, this problem is not a usual problem, otherwise i would be sure whats causing it by now..or have a found a solution.
              Last edited by flobbadob; 12-08-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

OK,
                what is your PSU?

....did you tight cooler screws to tight..are your memory (black mamba ?) contacts is clean....etc

Edit:
                Beleive me guys.....check your hardware first
                Last edited by stasio; 12-08-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

i dont think i tightened the cpu cooler too much, but i can loosen it a little i guess , though i dont see how any of this will help, my hardware is FUNCTIONAL it appears correctly in the bios, it is recognised the system surely wouldnt post if there was a hardware issue, im not sure you understand my problem :/.

Power supply is corsair tx550m.

Comment

look at "The Power Good Signal" here http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ce,3061-2.html

Comment

I've had the same problem with this board for over a year.
                      It's not the RAM, it's just an issue with THIS PARTICULAR board!!!!!

I read somewhere a while ago you can flash some custom BIOS to it which will fix the issue but I can't seem to find it.(Standard BIOS from gigabyte doesn't fix the issue!)

Comment

Working...
                      X