No announcement yet.

Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 - no video from card in pci-e 3.0 mode - complex problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 - no video from card in pci-e 3.0 mode - complex problem

Although late I would have said update bios then see wot happens. Sometimes we want instant answers to problems that don't even exist yet.
    Last edited by ibConners; 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 - no video from card in pci-e 3.0 mode - complex problem

I know this is a very old post, but I stumbled upon it looking for a solution to my problem, and wanted to post something in case it helps someone.

I believe UEFI BIOS and Secure Boot could be causing the problem of Onboard Graphics to work, but a PCIe graphics card not working. If secure boot is disabled in the BIOS (search google how to do this on your motherboard) you might be able to boot and get video.

Background
      I've purchased a Gigabyte B360M-DS3H. On board graphics worked fine, no change to any BIOS settings. Friend gave me an older, but still nice, ATI R6970. I installed in the only x16 PCIe slot I have, and computer would not show video. I finally had to hook up a speaker to the motherboard to realize it was not posting (I got 5 quick beeps). This helped me to conclude that the default MOBO setting were set to UEFI boot, and Secure Boot was enabled. Once I changed to CSM support enabled / legacy boot mode / and disabled fast boot - it finally posted and I got video.

I think I ran into this problem because this video card is very old. I suspect a new graphics card would support UEFI secure boot, and I would have never had the issue

Comment

Working...
      X