Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z77-D3H + i7 3770k issue. Machine turns off after a few seconds

Hi,

I'm currently trying to fix a customer's machine which is having the above issue. A few seconds of being switched on, the machine switches back off and heads into an on/off loop.

I've tried the usual... CMOS reset, RAM, GFX, PSU with no joy.

I popped in an i7-2600 which fires up beautifully.

My customer mentioned to me (finally) that he had a similar issue when he built the rig, and that flashing the BIOS helped him at the time.

Figuring that this board has a dual BIOS, I doubled checked the version and it appeared to have reverted to the original (F8). The customer told me he thought he put in F15, which I assume is a guess, as the only BIOS available for this board is F18.

So, I updated the BIOS, but there is no change. The machine still dances between on and off with the customer's CPU installed.

One other, but possibly unrelated note, is that the PCI-E(1) port doesn't appear to register a GFX card fitted, that is, if I turn off the onboard GFX then the machine refuses to POST (with GFX error). PCI-E(2) works fine however.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-Z77-D3H + i7 3770k issue. Machine turns off after a few seconds

Sadly, you won't get a reply here. Not that this isn't the official Gigabyte board, but because this is a elitist forum where only the elitist-owning posters get a reply- i.e. you have a UD5 top-of-the-range Z77 board + part of the silly club thread + latest cpu (which I see you have).

Anyway, your problem is that this board is pure GARBAGE, seriously, it is without doubt THE worst motherboard I have purchased in the last 6 years.

Let me tell you some problems I have had with this board.

Boot loops, 4-5 every day since owning this thing. Then a new BIOS comes out, I flash the BIOS and for a week or 2 the loop problem goes away, only to return even worse than before.

A Xbox 360 usb joystick +/& a PS2 usb joystick (the adapter is usb) plugged in to any usb port front or back will result in a complete hard lock if I enter the BIOS with any of these plugged in. Utterly pathetic.

Under BIOS F8, random reboots, and the occasional blue-screen problem, BIOS at defaults or overclocked settings make no difference.

BIOS F14, good for a few weeks then not just the boot loops, but also hot and cold loops - PC from cold in the morning, to a software shutdown then a keyboard press for "on".

BIOS above F14 but below F18 - Just avoid at all costs. Too many problems to list.

BIOS F18, again great for a week, now boot loops hot and cold starts. But a few new disturbing problems. If I switch the PC off in software, i.e. Windows 7 shutdown, go and do something, return and bring the PC on with a keypress I get get the following - sometimes no PS2 keyboard (the lights are all on and it's not functioning), no mouse - infact no usb ports at all not even in the device manager including no yellow exclamation marks, simply no usb anything. I have to switch the PC off at the wall and give it a few minutes then back on again, hoping all the time that a boot loop doesn't then start - seriously it's a bloody lottery just turning this thing on.

And the last thing with F18, I overclock my I5 2550k to 4.5 ghz, I use a +0.050 DVID (is this the right wording ?) giving me a max voltage in windows of 1.305v, up from it's default of 1.255v. I use all power-saving modes C1 etc.. and the CPU idles at 1.6ghz at 1.000v. Under any previous BIOS the CPU, when stressed by games or Prime, will hit and stay at 1.305v and 4.5ghz the whole time with a top temp of around 68c in Prime95. Now, to my horror, directly after flashing to F18 and making sure to use BIOS defaults, then re-doing my previous BIOS settings exactly as before F18, I now see 1.47-1.500v and 90c CPU temp in Prime 95, WTF ?
    Now, the ONLY way to get my CPU down to a lot more reasonable, but still nowhere near, voltage levels is to set a pre-defined "Vcore Loadline Calibration" to Low, and CPU PLL to 1.65v which strangely doesn't have any re-defined modes, you have to do this one manually. Now in Prime95 I hit 1.335v - 1.340v and 76-80c still nowhere near F14 when I was using defaults.

Sorry this hasn't been the answer you were hopefully looking for, but I hope (in my long winded way) I have shown you just how bad this garbage board really is. Sadly, I cannot upgrade to a similar Z77 Asus board for another month or two due to lack of funds, so I am stuck with this thing until then.

Good luck solving your problem.

Oh, and to this forum, **** your stupid "What year is this". I mean, WTF is this **** ? I am registered, for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by DKT70 View Post
      Sadly, you won't get a reply here. Not that this isn't the official Gigabyte board, but because this is a elitist forum where only the elitist-owning posters get a reply- i.e. you have a UD5 top-of-the-range Z77 board + part of the silly club thread + latest cpu (which I see you have).

Anyway, your problem is that this board is pure GARBAGE, seriously, it is without doubt THE worst motherboard I have purchased in the last 6 years.

Let me tell you some problems I have had with this board.

Boot loops, 4-5 every day since owning this thing. Then a new BIOS comes out, I flash the BIOS and for a week or 2 the loop problem goes away, only to return even worse than before.

A Xbox 360 usb joystick +/& a PS2 usb joystick (the adapter is usb) plugged in to any usb port front or back will result in a complete hard lock if I enter the BIOS with any of these plugged in. Utterly pathetic.

Under BIOS F8, random reboots, and the occasional blue-screen problem, BIOS at defaults or overclocked settings make no difference.

BIOS F14, good for a few weeks then not just the boot loops, but also hot and cold loops - PC from cold in the morning, to a software shutdown then a keyboard press for "on".

BIOS above F14 but below F18 - Just avoid at all costs. Too many problems to list.

BIOS F18, again great for a week, now boot loops hot and cold starts. But a few new disturbing problems. If I switch the PC off in software, i.e. Windows 7 shutdown, go and do something, return and bring the PC on with a keypress I get get the following - sometimes no PS2 keyboard (the lights are all on and it's not functioning), no mouse - infact no usb ports at all not even in the device manager including no yellow exclamation marks, simply no usb anything. I have to switch the PC off at the wall and give it a few minutes then back on again, hoping all the time that a boot loop doesn't then start - seriously it's a bloody lottery just turning this thing on.

And the last thing with F18, I overclock my I5 2550k to 4.5 ghz, I use a +0.050 DVID (is this the right wording ?) giving me a max voltage in windows of 1.305v, up from it's default of 1.255v. I use all power-saving modes C1 etc.. and the CPU idles at 1.6ghz at 1.000v. Under any previous BIOS the CPU, when stressed by games or Prime, will hit and stay at 1.305v and 4.5ghz the whole time with a top temp of around 68c in Prime95. Now, to my horror, directly after flashing to F18 and making sure to use BIOS defaults, then re-doing my previous BIOS settings exactly as before F18, I now see 1.47-1.500v and 90c CPU temp in Prime 95, WTF ?
      Now, the ONLY way to get my CPU down to a lot more reasonable, but still nowhere near, voltage levels is to set a pre-defined "Vcore Loadline Calibration" to Low, and CPU PLL to 1.65v which strangely doesn't have any re-defined modes, you have to do this one manually. Now in Prime95 I hit 1.335v - 1.340v and 76-80c still nowhere near F14 when I was using defaults.

Sorry this hasn't been the answer you were hopefully looking for, but I hope (in my long winded way) I have shown you just how bad this garbage board really is. Sadly, I cannot upgrade to a similar Z77 Asus board for another month or two due to lack of funds, so I am stuck with this thing until then.

Good luck solving your problem.

Oh, and to this forum, **** your stupid "What year is this". I mean, WTF is this **** ? I am registered, for crying out loud.
      lol,i understand your frustration but there are folks on here who do try to help,ive seen alot of issues with sb chips running on ib/z77 boards,are you testing the latest beta bios's and latest drivers?
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
        lol,i understand your frustration but there are folks on here who do try to help,ive seen alot of issues with sb chips running on ib/z77 boards,are you testing the latest beta bios's and latest drivers?
        hi bro.

im having the same problem.

using the same mobo as u with BIOS VERSION F15 with i7-3770k

previously im using 3770 but i got a cheap deal on my new 3770k so i planned to upgrade it.

so now my problem is same as yours, pc shut down after power button is pressed.

please help me

Comment

Working...
        X