Advice for mobo Gigabyte GA970A-DS3 ( new user) :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for mobo Gigabyte GA970A-DS3 ( new user) :D

Hi! I have just created an account in tweak town.

but i read reviews and comments on the site often.

I need help with my mobo, I had a huge problem before where my hdd just suddenly disappears or is not detected I fixed that already by changing the sata chord, formatted my system. so far so good but still sometimes like opening hwmonitor after prime95 makes the system reset the settings in the bios.
    for now Me and my friend got it running at 3.5ghz and 4ghz turbo no problems so far but we read a thread that my mobo seems to just accept 1600 memory modules
    higher than that the common error is resetting the settings for the bios.

Any setting advices idos? that suites best for my mobo or should I change to asrock 990fx-extreme4 and is this <<< mobo good.

My current system Idols is:

Procie: AMD PhenomIIx6 1055T 3.5ghz - 4Ghz turbo.
    Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3
    Mem: G.Skill Ares 1866C9D-8GAB
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500Gb SataII
    VC: XFX HD685X DD
    PSU: CM Extreme power plus 500w
    Sound Card: Creative SB Audigy
    Case: CM Elite 430

Re: Advice for mobo Gigabyte GA970A-DS3 ( new user) :D

How you OC the ysstem? RAM running in 1600 or 1866? Is your CPU over heating?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper530 View Post
      How you OC the ysstem? RAM running in 1600 or 1866? Is your CPU over heating?
      when we put it to 1866 or higher it often resets the settings for the bios, so for now its a bit ok so far, we upped the base clock to 250 making it 3.5ghz with 4000mhz turbo core, im using a antec khuler 620 with 2 fan config.
      then the ram running at 1666 i think with 8-9-8-24 timings, and the NB frequency is 2500mhz.

for the voltages im not quite sure what is set my friend is the one who fiddled with settings for the voltages.

thanks in advance.

red some reviews with the mother board sir that it has issues running rams higher than 1600, hope you can help so i dont have to change my mobo.
      a bit expensive here to change to a higher end board in PH. hehe :D

Comment

So far the temps im getting is ranging from 35deg. highest in p95 is not higher than 55deg. :)

Comment

Working...
        X