Cannot overclock Z68XP-UD3P with UEFI BIOS and 2500k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot overclock Z68XP-UD3P with UEFI BIOS and 2500k

I just updated my F7 BIOS to the newest UEFI BIOS, revision U1e. However, I can't overclock at all with a 2500k. I try clicking on the frequency multiplier or pressing Enter, and I get nothing. Is this normal? Does the UEFI BIOS currently not support a multiplier unlocked 2500k?

In fact, I just checked CPU-Z while I'm running at almost full load, and the processor is only clocked at 3Ghz. Shouldn't it at least be 3.3Ghz default?
    Last edited by allenwr1505; 08-31-2012, 05:53 PM.

Re: Cannot overclock Z68XP-UD3P with UEFI BIOS and 2500k

I reflashed the BIOS and now it correctly runs at 3.3Ghz with TurboBoost. However, multipliers are still locked as is voltage control. Is this happening to anyone else? I also tried resetting CMOS and loading optimized defaults.

Comment

I have the same problem as you do. I have the same mainboard but a have 3570K. When I bought it I had the old Hybrid UEFI BIOS and I couldm't change the multiplier. I asked them about it and they said that it was a BIOS restriction and that it would be fixed in their new UEFI BIOS. I updated a week ago and after some issues I got my system working again. I had to reinstall my OS for some reason. But I still have the same problems with changing the multiplier.

I'm going to send them a new message right away and I'll let you know what they say.

Comment

It seems they're working on it. There will came a BIOS update when they've verified that everything is working as it should.

Comment

Sounds great. I actually contacted them and they told me how to change the multiplier. Turns out that you just press Page up or Page Down to change it whereas on most other things you can click or press enter to get a list.

Comment

Originally posted by allenwr1505 View Post
            Sounds great. I actually contacted them and they told me how to change the multiplier. Turns out that you just press Page up or Page Down to change it whereas on most other things you can click or press enter to get a list.
            Yes I know this is a very old thread, but I wanted to say thanks for returning to give us this info from gigabyte. I have been researching to decide if I should buy a new mb / cpu / memory / heatsink, or try to work with my old gigabyte z68 motherboard. I'm going to give this UEFI bios upgrade a shot and see if it works with my i5 2500K CPU overclock to 4.19 GHz.
            My Hackintosh Rig

Comment

Working...
            X