Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start building in a week, any last minute pointers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start building in a week, any last minute pointers?

Its my 1st post here, I will start my build at the end of this month, just waiting for my monitor and RAM money before I begin. My questions are as follows:

- My specs are in the drop down thingy next to my name, I need to know if it is better to go with samsung green 2x4GB or Corsair vengeance LP for RAM??
    - I will be overclocking (sort of a starter OC aiming for a stable 4.5 Ghz OC and maybe 2100 or lower if I could find the Samsung Green here in Saudi Arabia.
    what BIOS version should I get for my mobo to be able to run Samsung Green Rams without freezes or BSOD's

- I am very new and the threads are so many I dont seem to find definitive answers for the ff issues:

1. USB 3.0 Driver Issue
    2. Samsung Green Ram compatibilites
    3. Back panel USB Ports

I need to be able to avoid this issues, coz I will have a very hard time and its also too costly to RMA components, in case I run into some issues.
    Can someone just give some fixes or confirmed BIOS version fix for the 3 concerned gigabyte issues above...

Re: Start building in a week, any last minute pointers?

It depends if you can get the Samsung memory cheap,if so id choose that,even if you only manage 1866mhz with it,it will be better than the vengeance,
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any ideas, on which firmware to choose for my z77x-d3h mobo? I hope it can support samsung green, coz I will be hunting for it here in Saudi Arabia. Also any advise for a fresh OS install, I already know about transferring the users folder to secondary drive.

I want to know more tips on how to prep this overclocking build anyone?

Comment

So nobody at all???

Comment

I only need simple guide lines and tips to ensure long term stability for my jump to ivy bridge and z77...

Comment

the latest bios is usually the best,idk how well the samsung memory would run on that motherboard but 1866mhz should be acheiveable at the least,the usb3 problems i have no idea whether its been fixed with bios or driver updates,even if it hasnt it wont take long to fix the issues if there are any
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
              the latest bios is usually the best,idk how well the samsung memory would run on that motherboard but 1866mhz should be acheiveable at the least,the usb3 problems i have no idea whether its been fixed with bios or driver updates,even if it hasnt it wont take long to fix the issues if there are any

Thanks for the kind reply. I do hope though that the mobo can support the memory I want, up to 2000 mhz+.

Anyway Im gonna find out in a few days...

Comment

Methinks you'll be fine just use the latest bios like wazza suggests. I also think the problems you've mentioned have also been addressed with the bios updates. OC should be a breeze but if you need help don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Working...
                X