Cpu & system fans can not adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpu & system fans can not adjust

Having installed a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard two days ago and impressed with it except for one thing , i cannot adjust the CPU and system fan speeds as they are going at 100% speed .at normal idling mode my CPU fan speed is 2848 rpm( temp. 40 c) and the system fan speed is 2518 rpm ( temp 37 c ) i have tried using the ET6 programme but unable to adjust settings please help.

Re: Cpu & system fans can not adjust

Bonzdog
    Your fan connector requires to have 4 pins on the motherboard to enable control of fans, a three pin set up has no on board controller. I have had the Asus version of that board and can't adjust speed, really annoying. You can purchase a front panel controller easy to install yourself and controls via molex connectors with dials that you can adjust from the front of the chassis if that helps.

Comment

I have ordered a Zalman fan mate 2 to fix the problem hopefully it should arrive Saturday or Monday at the latest ,will post again to let you know the result .

Comment

Comment

Thats good its great to have control over temp for fan speed control. Noisy computers annoy me. Also a if a fan is noisy it could be that it is not sitting properly or needs to be replaced. Its good to replace a heatsink fan every so often to avoid the wear and tear.

Comment

Originally posted by bonzodog View Post
            Having installed a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard two days ago and impressed with it except for one thing , i cannot adjust the CPU and system fan speeds as they are going at 100% speed .at normal idling mode my CPU fan speed is 2848 rpm( temp. 40 c) and the system fan speed is 2518 rpm ( temp 37 c ) i have tried using the ET6 programme but unable to adjust settings please help.
            A 4-pin CPU fan is probably required to take advantage of the speed-control feature. This is the case with the GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 F2 (Socket M2) motherboard.

Comment

Working...
            X