Op System stops installing at about 34 minutes to finish XP and Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Op System stops installing at about 34 minutes to finish XP and Vista

[QUOTE=Conners;431214]Waga heres wot I would try. Download parted magic from here: start Burn the ISO to a cd and boot.
    When in parted magic go to system tools and Click on erase disk. etc........

Hi Conners and thanks again for your help,

I have tried to use Parted Magic as suggested but it will not fully install - stops at line: [1.586634] write etc.....

I have tried from 256MB of Ram to 1GB and options to use the Live CD, etc - all won't install.

On another PC it fully installs and the system tools is in accessories etc....

ON THE OTHER LINE OF THOUGHT:

I have just noticed that the last few lines of the setupapi.log file are the same as the first few lines. I will attach them for information:

#W374 Digital signature verification was skipped for a file being registered ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\initpki.dll").

Hopefully this may help to sort out the problem.

Also can you or anyone help me to get setuperr.log etc. When I type it in at the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ cmd.exe box and line C:\WINDOWS\system32> prompt I get a message that the" process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". But I can get the setupapi.log from the same prompt.

[SetupAPI Log]
    OS Version = 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
    Platform ID = 2 (NT)
    Service Pack = 3.0
    Suite = 0x0000
    Product Type = 1
    Architecture = x86
    [2012/06/30 08:55:15 296.1]
    #-199 Executing "C:\WINDOWS\system32\setup.exe" with command line: setup -newsetup
    #-290 Processing REGISTERDLLS section [CryptoDlls]. Binary: "%11%\rsaenh.dll", flags: 0x0001, timeout: 60s.
    #W374 Digital signature verification was skipped for a file being registered ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll").
    #-290 Processing REGISTERDLLS section [CryptoDlls]. Binary: "%11%\dssenh.dll", flags: 0x0001, timeout: 60s.
    #W374 Digital signature verification was skipped for a file being registered ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\dssenh.dll").
    #-290 Processing REGISTERDLLS section [CryptoDlls]. Binary: "%11%\initpki.dll", flags: 0x0001, timeout: 600s.
    #W374 Digital signature verification was skipped for a file being registered ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\initpki.dll").
    [2012/06/30 08:56:19 296.10]
    #-199 Executing "C:\WINDOWS\system32\setup.exe" with command line: setup -newsetup

etc.....

and the last lines:

[2012/07/01 08:07:24 296.1]
    #W383 "syssetup.PNF" migrate: PNF Language = 0809, Thread = 0409.
    #-290 Processing REGISTERDLLS section [CryptoDlls]. Binary: "%11%\rsaenh.dll", flags: 0x0001, timeout: 60s.
    #W374 Digital signature verification was skipped for a file being registered ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll").
    #-290 Processing REGISTERDLLS section [CryptoDlls]. Binary: "%11%\dssenh.dll", flags: 0x0001, timeout: 60s.
    #W374 Digital signature verification was skipped for a file being registered ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\dssenh.dll").
    #-290 Processing REGISTERDLLS section [CryptoDlls]. Binary: "%11%\initpki.dll", flags: 0x0001, timeout: 600s.

Comment

I for got to say one thing it may or may not matter. Run the program from RAM ot load it to Ram. whatever it says...

Comment

Originally posted by Conners View Post
        I for got to say one thing it may or may not matter. Run the program from RAM ot load it to Ram. whatever it says...
        Thanks Conners for your interest,

Yes I had tried the 3 options to install, including Run on Ram - with varying amounts of Ram.

The install of Parted Magic stops at different lines including once at "unable to open rtcdevice".

I have also tied to install UBUNTU 2012 but it also will not go very far and stops at different lines e.g. "configure keyboard".

The UBUNTU OS installs on the practice PC I use.

Have you or anyone else any thoughts on the setupapi.log file I mentioned in previous posts.

Also how would I get into setuperr.log - when I try the same as setupapi.log the reply is "the process is being used by another....etc".

Thanks for all the help

Regards

Waga

Comment

Only thing else I would know too try is put the hd in your other system and use parted magic that way. the setuperr log may noy be generated for view until the sysyem is installed. What format did you use on the HD? Fat Fat 32 ot NTSF? Please use NTSF although XP can be instslled on Fat32. Oh one other thing you might try on that old computer is an older version of parted magic.
          Last edited by Conners; 07-05-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Only thing else I would know too try is put the hd in your other system and use parted magic that way. the setuperr log may noy be generated for view until the sysyem is installed. What format did you use on the HD? Fat Fat 32 ot NTSF? Please use NTSF although XP can be instslled on Fat32. Oh one other thing you might try on that old computer is an older version of parted magic.
            Hi Conners and thanks for your help,

No luck as yet.

I have put the HDD in the old PC and erased the disk using Parted Magic, then reinstalled and tried to install the OS but same result. Also it has been restarted about 30 times without hitting the "hit any key...etc." also I have left it on for about 8 hours to see if it changed.

I agree that setuperr.log is not available at this stage.

I have used NTFS all the time when formatting and done full formats.

There is no need to use an older version of Parted Magic as the current one works fine on the old PC.

Conners do you think anyone else may know about interpreting the setupapi.log (digital signature missing issue) I generated in an earlier post and if so how we could get to ask them? I have tried to find this thread without using the direct link and I can't find it, maybe it is not obvious to others as well - or maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

I certainly appreciate your help, but I guess we may have come to the end at this stage.

Regards

Wagga

Comment

Look at this link and see if it helps you... XP Installation – The 34 minute hiccup | Techtracer -->this may be your problem -->#-011 Installing section [UHCI.Dev.NT] from "c:\windows\inf\usbport.inf".

Also in your bios disable all intregrated devices. This quote fix it for one...
              Also, try installing Windows using "Standard PC" instead of "ACPI". Begin a fresh Windows install again... At the beginning of the "Windows Setup" screen it will say, "Press F6 to load 3rd party SCSI or RAID drivers". Press F5 (not F6). Shortly after, you'll be prompted to choose a HAL layer. Choose "Standard PC". This may help you if the issue is caused by the detection of hardware.
              This link form the elder geek also describes the F5 thing... http://www.theeldergeek.com/clean_in...windows_xp.htm

Just throwing stuff out there to try.
              Last edited by Conners; 07-07-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Look at this link and see if it helps you... -->this may be your problem -->#-011 Installing section [UHCI.Dev.NT] from "c:\windows\inf\usbport.inf".

Also in your bios disable all intregrated devices. This quote fix it for one...

This link form the elder geek also describes the F5 thing... Clean Install Windows XP

Just throwing stuff out there to try.

Hi Conners and thanks again for your help,

I replied yesterday but something went wrong, probably me!

I had read Techtracer's article but am still a bit unsure yet - may try it soon.

I have tried to install with all the Integrated Peripherals disabled that I could - but same result.

Elder Geek's F5 article was not as per his instructions as there was only two options (he said 9 options) - this may be relevant!

When I chose "Standard PC " it went to a light blue screen (not BSOD) then stopped. In the "Other" option it asks for a floppy with drivers etc. and you can't go any further without them.

I have also tried changing the BIOS to ACPI to S3(STR) from S1(POS) but no change in result.

Regards

Wagga

Comment

One thing you might try doing is put the HD in your other computer by its self. Unhook your current HD so you con get a dual boot setup. Then try to install XP, if it works move the hd to the computer your having trouble with and see wot happens. BTW don't install any drivers when in your working system on the HD you want to move.

I do have one other idea but I'll have to find the instructions on how to do it.

Also is this a computer an OEM IE Dell, Compaq, Gateway ect. and is the disk/s retail or oem...
                  Last edited by Conners; 07-10-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

One thing you might try doing is put the HD in your other computer by its self. Unhook your current HD so you con get a dual boot setup. Then try to install XP, if it works move the hd to the computer your having trouble with and see wot happens. BTW don't install any drivers when in your working system on the HD you want to move.
                    I do have one other idea but I'll have to find the instructions on how to do it.
                    Also is this a computer an OEM IE Dell, Compaq, Gateway ect. and is the disk/s retail or oem...

Hi Conners, thanks again for your ideas,
                    I installed XP Pro on the HDD I was using in the faulty PC using the old PC with it's HDD disconnected.
                    There weren't any other drivers installed.

When I moved the HDD back to the faulty PC it starts and goes to the Safe Modes Options, when selected each of them goes to a black screen then restarts again.

The faulty PC is an assembled PC and the CD is a genuine OEM which I am using to test out the faulty PC. The old PC is also an assembled PC rather than a DEll etc.
                    Regards Waga

Comment

Do any beep codes or just silent?

Anyway do a repair install. If you need instructions Bing it. Basically just put in you XP cd accept license agreement, it will search for windows installations, select the windows install it finds and press R for repair. Do Not get into the repair console thats a diffrent place.

g/l

Comment

Hi Conners, thanks for your ideas,

Yes there is one beep at start or maybe end of BIOS.

The Repair install (not the 1st Repair Console option), ended up the same - stalled at 34 minutes to finish whilst doing the "install devices" part.

I then tried out the option to press F6 at the start next time and the message was "Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adapter.
                        Currently Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices:NONE
                        To specify SCSI adapters, CD-Rom, or special disk controllers for use with Windows, including those for which you have a device support disk - Press S or Enter to continue"
                        regards
                        Wagga
                        Last edited by waga; 07-11-2012, 05:45 PM. Reason: Missed a word: NONE

Comment

Working...
                        X