Gigabyte GC-WB300D wifi / Bluetooth PCIe card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GC-WB300D wifi / Bluetooth PCIe card

I need some data on the wifi / bluetooth PCI express card that Gigabyte is shipping with some of their boards. I'm building a HTPC in a compact case, and this card would be the perfect solution to having both wifi and bluetooth without having dongles hanging out the back. Trouble is, I can't seem to find out how high this card is. It's clearly taller than a half-height pci express card, but shorter than the full size PCIe cards once the bracket is removed. If I can determine whether the card would fit, I could fabricate another bracket.

Does anyone have one of these cards that they can measure, or know where I might get the dimensions?

I tried Gigabyte support, but got no reply.

Thanks, Ed

Re: Gigabyte GC-WB300D wifi / Bluetooth PCIe card

Actually its relatively small. Fits in the small pcie slot and has two antennas that you attach to the back of the card. It really depends on what you have above and below the slot aforementioned.
    Last edited by Conners; 06-14-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conners View Post
      Actually its relatively small. Fits in the small pcie slot and has two antennas that you attach to the back of the card. It really depends on what you have above and below the slot aforementioned.
      Any chance that you have the card out? All I really need is for someone to hold up a ruler and measure from the bottom of the pci express connector to the top of the card.

Another measurement that might help is to measure from the center of one of the antenna connectors to the center of the other. Then I could use that to scale the picture on the Gigabyte web site and get an estimate.

Comment

the height is 79mm.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks you!

76 mm minus 4.5 for the connector insertion give me 71.5 mm, which sure enough is above the 64.4mm max spec for low profile cards. But not much. So now off to see how much headroom is in the case.

Thanks again.

Comment

Wow. Sure glad I reviewed this. Dyslexia struck and I converted 79 mm to 76 mm. Looks like the card is 74.5 mm or 2.9" high.

Comment

Working...
            X