Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy one: which file from the GB dl for my AHCI for Windows 7 install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy one: which file from the GB dl for my AHCI for Windows 7 install?

Err, sorry for not wading through another ton of posts but I'm hoping someone can tell me which file to use for what I want to call a 'pre-install' of Windows 7 for AHCI. The disc doesn't find my SATA drive, apparently it's looking for an AHCI driver. I got the correct file from GB, opens to give 4 files and I think it's probably the amdsata file, not amdxata. Both say system files. The other 2 files can't be it.

I should be able to get the file onto a usb drive and navigate loading to finally (you don't wanna know) install 7 on a Samsung HD502HJ I nabbed for about $45 before the deluge Don't even want to get into how close I came to loosing my data. Or what the budget for this month is. I've learned my lesson.

Thanks,

Mac

Re: Easy one: which file from the GB dl for my AHCI for Windows 7 install?

you dont need to with windows 7,just set to ahci in bios first,then install windows,it will install all ahci drivers for you
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Easy one: which file from the GB dl for my AHCI for Windows 7 install?

You may want to be a little more descriptive on what you are trying to do and why you want to do it.

If wazza300's advice doesn't work, try these things.

If you are installing windows to a brand new hard drive you may need to activate the drive on another machine. Sometime the setup doesn't recognize a new hard drive from factory.

If you are installing a new hard drive to recover windows files, you need to activate the hard driver in "Disk Management" then create a new simple volume with mbr and format it with ntfs then assign it a letter before you can use it.(you should be able to do this for the above step.)

also, what board are you using? I assume and AMD board? Make sure your boot drive is in the first sata port for best results. In case there is more than one controller. If you want the latest drivers go to AMD.

AMD Chipset Drivers

Those will cover x64 for 700 series and newer chipsets. Windows will load it's own AHCI driver on initial install though and work well. sometimes better than AMD's drivers.

Luck
      -=Mark=-
      ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Working...
      X