Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z77X-D3H cant access bios with g15 keyboard

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
    only the 2 below ethernet port or front panel usb2.0 or 3.0 work for me on z77x-ud3h
    First off, "Hi to everyone as this is my 1st post here."

Ok, now that intros are done :) - I have the same issue as well and finally got everything to work although I did have to lay out my usb connections differently.

I had been trying to get the top 2 usb ports (next to the PS/2 port) to work with my Logitech G15 keyboard and my Logitech G500 mouse <-- actually the mouse worked fine AFTER I updated my BIOS from F7 to F11b.

But I couldn't get into BIOS or log into Windows (I had installed fine using the front usb 2.0 ports on my case). In fact, I restarted several times and 3 out of 10 tries, would my keyboard become recognized so I could log into Windows; however, I could NEVER get into BIOS.

Finally, I grabbed an old a generic usb 2.0 keyboard and plugged it into one of my previously mentioned front usb 2.0 ports on my case so I could get into BIOS and make sure that I had all the proper settings for ports/devices/peripherals/etc. enabled (yes, everything was enabled correctly) and then I proceeded to log into Windows.

I decided that the problem might be outdated driver from the CD that came with the motherboard. So I went to Gigabyte.us.com and D/L'ed the latest & greatest USB 3.0 drivers (didn't bother getting the other drivers).

Installed both the new intel & new via usb 3.0 drivers and it looked like all went well since my G15 & G500 both turned off and then back on after the installation of the new drivers.

Rebooted my system and BAM! - keyboard and mouse were NOT responding! >:(

In fact, the new drivers killed my USB 3.0 ports (well, the ports where my keyboard and mouse were plugged into anyway).

I was really upset by this time but I decided to overwrite these drivers by using the Gigabyte CD again. I got lucky and the old drivers brought the USB 3.0 ports back to life. But I still had the same problem of my Logitech G15 keyboard being unable to get into BIOS and/or logging into Windows 7 (64-bit).

Finally, I decided to see what happened if I rearranged my devices. So I unplugged my mouse and keyboard and plugged them into the INTEL usb ports and plugged my BT receiver, 7-port usb 2.0 hub, webcam, and Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 receiver into the other VIA usb ports.

This kinda worked as now I could log in and get into BIOS with my G15 and my G500 was working great as well.

However, my other devices were still acting weird...It took me three tries but I finally got EVERYTHING to work by rearranging my devices. For whatever reason, the VIA ports are FINICKY about which devices goes where on my system. In fact, my devices had to be arranged in this order for ALL the VIA ports to work: (top left - Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 receiver; top right - bluetooth receiver; mid-left - webcame; mid-right - 7-port usb 2.0 hub).

It was a nightmare trying to get everything to work. I don't understand and I definitely regretted not paying more for a different board after all the headache.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very good board (best IMO for bang-for-buck) but the VIA ports are a NIGHTMARE to work with.

It appears that some were lucky to get everything to work with "just a BIOS update" while for others, such as myself, this wasn't a solution (although the BIOS update did get my mouse at least to become recognized in the VIA port...so I guess that's something).

Just hoping that anyone else that has just purchased this board and assembled their new rig that comes across this will see these posts. And if all else fails, move your mouse and keyboard to the INTEL ports and start rearranging your other devices to the different VIA ports as your board my just be super FINICKY like mine! But in the end, I got all USB 3.0 ports to work! And yes, I can get into BIOS and log in with my Logitech G15 (but no, it won't work again if I move it back to the top right VIA port!).

Comment

Re: Z77X-D3H cant access bios with g15 keyboard

I have a similar problem with the UD3H. Logitech USB headset (g930) refuses to work on the via ports. It connects and I can hear it play the 'sidetone' before windows, but as soon as windows loads it connects and disconnects over and over again. I left it going like this for 20 minutes thinking it would correct itself (sometimes it takes 3 tries on the Intel ports), but it never did connect correctly on the VIA.

Anyways, I had started my own thread because this one did not come up in search results.

Comment

Working...
      X