Z77X-UD5H Problem with the first PCI-e 16 slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77X-UD5H Problem with the first PCI-e 16 slot

Ok I have a 680 gtx and when I put it into my 1st PCI-ex16 slot of UD5H it does not recognize it, but if I put it in any other of the slots it does...Also it was detecting it just fine for days then all the sudden it stopped detection switched to on board and I had to move the card to the 2nd slot.

But if I put my 450 gts in the top slot it detects it right away...? I'm have no idea what the problem is as I feel like I have tried everything other than messing with the BIOS which I just don't feel like I know enough about.

Thanks, new to the forums, I'm sure I left some sort of important information

Re: Z77X-UD5H Problem with the first PCI-e 16 slot

Have you tried clearing your CMOS? If not, unplug your PSU from the wall, or switch it off in the rear, then press and hold the case power on button for a minute. Then clear your CMOS via clear CMOS button for a minute.

Then turn the PSU back on and enter the BIOS, load optimized and save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS again set your SATA settings, then see if it works properly or not.

Comment

Was this problem solved, if so, how?

Having the same problem but only with my IB cpu, not with my SB cpu.

Comment

Check the PSU first, the minimum system power requirement is at least 550W for GTX680 card: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

Comment

Nothing was/is wrong with my psu`s (corsair 850 - brand new and an older corsair 1000), tx for the suggestion though.
          Problems i have had(having) with this motherboard is

1. Pci-e needs 2 be set to 1.1 (worked with 2.0 for about 10 days, came home one day after work and it just woudnt give me a signal, until i set the speed to 1.1) - this is with the pci-e x16 slot and with my IB cpu, i got signal from the graphiccard in the x16 slot when using my SB cpu, or using my gtx580 - though im not sure about the speed of the pci-e slot- never checked.
          2. Newest bios (F7) wont recognise any of my keyboards - G510 and G15 (Logitech), luckely i had F8a installed to.
          3. Adata SF fieldupdater couldnt find any of my two ssd`s (tried with different mb bioses)
          4. Sometimes mb bios wont be saved - battery been replaced.
          5. During post i dont get any info at all about memory, hdds/ssds, cpu, etc, just the AMI logo (or the fullscreen GA thingy) - i cant find any bios setting about that
          6. Had some freezes b4 in win7

Since yesterday my new GA motherboard has been replaced with my older Asus board and everything is running fine, but still want to be able to solve the problems on my GA board since its in my older computer now and i will run into the same problems again if i decide to upgrade that system in the future, and obviously i bought this GA mb for my new stuff not running my spare/old comp.
          Last edited by agrik; 05-19-2012, 02:31 PM. Reason: i suck??

Comment

1. MY GTX 670 works fine in the pcie 16x spot. Didnt have to change any bios settings either.

2. Also running F7 bios my keyboard is a micorsoft sidewinder X4. Works fine.

3. my SSD works fine.

4. my bios saves fine.

5. Post info: mine doesnt show it either.

6. ive had some blues screens, I think it was driver related and is hopefully resolved.

Id say there is probably something wrong with that board. i would RMA it or refund it.

Good luck.
            Last edited by fondupot; 05-24-2012, 03:30 PM. Reason: More info.
            GA-Z77X-UD5h (F7)
            i5-3570K - Corsair H60
            EVGA Nvidia GTX670
            Corsair Force 3 SSD 60gb / Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB / Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3
            Corsair 600t Graphite / Corsair HX750

Comment

Originally posted by fondupot View Post
              1. MY GTX 670 works fine in the pcie 16x spot. Didnt have to change any bios settings either.

2. Also running F7 bios my keyboard is a micorsoft sidewinder X4. Works fine.

3. my SSD works fine.

4. my bios saves fine.

5. Post info: mine doesnt show it either.

6. ive had some blues screens, I think it was driver related and is hopefully resolved.

Id say there is probably something wrong with that board. i would RMA it or refund it.

Good luck.
              i have the same problem with TS currently, but with the similar setup like yours..

the case of mine is that when i use F8 BIOS, the VGA can only be ran at PCI Gen1 speed in order to be recognized. Then i went to F10a version, and the PCIe Gen2 can be used and my card is recognized. But still no PCIe Gen 3 for me, set to Auto/Gen3 will gives me beeps if onboard VGA is disabled.

So far still no bottleneck from PCIe Gen 2 though so i can try to live with that for now, but still hoping to have the Gen3 worked at default though. The strange thing is that in some occasions, the PCIe Gen3 will work, but after shutdown, it won't work again.. :(

Comment

Working...
              X