Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79 UD7 + Xeon E5-2680

Hi all,

I've bought Gigabyte x79 UD7 to use with an Intel Xeon E5-2680 stepping C1 ES (that now is in customs)
    It have 8C/16Th @ 2700MHz. Default max multipler 27 and with turbo boost 31x to all eight core.

This morning I read that with all board x79 there are and issue that don't permit to modify the clock multi. It seem lock to 1.00x and it don't recognized 1.25x and 1.67x.

I have a question about this: Is it and bug of actual bios or this feature there isn't in Xeon CPUs?
    Is there a way to overclock E5 xeon cpus?

Thanks to all!!!

Re: X79 UD7 + Xeon E5-2680

Hi all,

The person that have sold me my ES, that have a lot SB-EP stepping B0, C0, C1 and C2 told me that with Asus mobo after setting blck multi the system don't want boot.
    With Gigabyte and MSI seems that the multipliers are equal to 1.00x but with latest bios all OEM have introduct official support to SB-EP.
    With version F10 the UD7 support 2687W and 2690 and with beta F11 the list grows.

I've discovered that blck multi aren't locked but must be correctly manage by Bios (in fact seems that with EVGA SR-X the overclock work very well)

Someone know other about these?

Comment

Working...
    X