This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Hey guys, just got a new GB Z77 UD5H rev 1.1.

If its not too much trouble can someone recommend/advice which bios its better from experience? Especially interested in stability/overclocking. (aren't we all? )

I know its subjective to each one but I will get some info from each experience.

The F15r-mod5 or F16c-mod3?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Koniakki; 06-30-2013, 04:13 AM.
    GB GA-Z77X-UD5H rev 1.1,Core i7-3770K...
    Kingston Predator X 2133Mhz 2x8GB @ 2400 (11-12-11-24-CR1)
    SSD Crucial M4 128GB, 9.5TB HDD's (2/3/4TB and 500GB)
    Palit GTX 780 Jetstream,OCZ Z-Series 850W GOLD
    Corsair H100i (AC MX-4)
    Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by Koniakki View Post
      Hey guys, just got a new GB Z77 UD5H rev 1.1.

If its not too much trouble can someone recommend/advice which bios its better from experience? Especially interested in stability/overclocking. (aren't we all? )

I know its subjective to each one but I will get some info from each experience.

The F15r-mod5 or F16c-mod3?

Thanks in advance.
      F16c mod3 is great
      It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
      Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
      2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
      2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
      Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
      Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
      - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
      HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
      Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
      Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Hi,

It is possible to have the F12U Bios modded of the GA-X79-UD3, with the latest Gbe and all last Rom integrated.

Thanks.

Ghostearth.

PS: It's better to use @Bios or Q-flash ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostearth View Post
          Hi,
          It is possible to have the F12U Bios modded of the GA-X79-UD3, with the latest Gbe and all last Rom integrated.
          JZ Board

Comment

Thanks you

Ghostearth.

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
              F16c mod3 is great
              After a very traumatic experience with dozens and dozens of boot loops, I manage to boot into bios. I booted with the optimized defaults and I flashed the F16c-mod3 bios.
              I restarted and all fine. I then power off the pc and voila! Boot loops are still here. It came back to bios after 4-6 reboots.

Will try F15r-mod5 but I doubt it's the bios. If must be a defective board. If someone has any experience with the very very persistent boots loops on the Z77-UD5H rev 1.1 please share your experience.

I would really prefer to avoid RMAing it if it can be fixed somehow.

Thanks guys. And I apologize for my damn bad luck.

P.S: As I mentioned this is a rev 1,1 board and it came with the F13 Bios.
              Last edited by Koniakki; 06-30-2013, 11:24 PM.
              Corsair H100i (AC MX-4)

Comment

Koniakki,
                I'm running F16c mod3 by Stasio, and it's running great.
                I'm using the Intel GPU for graphics (haven't used external GPU).
                Check my sig for details.

I suspect either your board, CPU or RAM is malfunctioning.
                GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0
                BIOS F16c mod with UBU 1.37
                Intel MEI FW v8.1.65.1586 + MEI driver v11.0.0.1166

2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel +

2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel (24GB total)

i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz @ 4 Cores (BCLK 102.26MHz, x44 multiplier) - air cooled.
                Max Intel XTU Score: 780
                Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64 en-US
                Antec VP450P 450W PSU (4+4 power for CPU)
                1x LG IPS236 23" LCD monitors (DVI) running at 1920x1080.
                1x Dell U2713H 27" LCD monitor (miniDP) running at 2560x1440.

Comment

After a very traumatic experience with dozens and dozens of boot loops, I manage to boot into bios. I booted with the optimized defaults and I flashed the F16c-mod3 bios.
                  I restarted and all fine. I then power off the pc and voila! Boot loops are still here. It came back to bios after 4-6 reboots.

Will try F15r-mod5 but I doubt it's the bios. If must be a defective board. If someone has any experience with the very very persistent boots loops on the Z77-UD5H rev 1.1 please share your experience.

I would really prefer to avoid RMAing it if it can be fixed somehow.

Thanks guys. And I apologize for my damn bad luck.

P.S: As I mentioned this is a rev 1,1 board and it came with the F13 Bios.

After Flashing your Bios always clear your cmos for 10 minutes. Battery out and jumper to 2&3 or if have a push button push it for ten minutes
                  Z77-D3H Rev 1.1
                  GA-Z77-D3H BIOS F23a mod
                  Core i5 3570K @ 3.8 MHz
                  Kingston HyperX Blue 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65v
                  Kingston SSD AHCI Mode
                  Two 1TB Seagate
                  ATI 6850
                  850W 80+ Gold PSU
                  Air Cooling
                  Windows 7 x64 SP1

Comment

Originally posted by ericgl View Post
                    Koniakki,
                    I'm running F16c mod3 by Stasio, and it's running great.
                    I'm using the Intel GPU for graphics (haven't used external GPU).
                    Check my sig for details.

I suspect either your board, CPU or RAM is malfunctioning.
                    Yeah, I know its not the bios from stasio. I was having even more problem with the boot loops with the stock firmware that came with the board.

Now I dont know if I will have the same results with the stock F16 but I just used the F16c-mod3 from stasio and actually helped VERY much with the boot loops. I can enter the bios after 4-6 loops.

Something is defective. Using internal GPU also btw. I tried all RAM slots with both sticks of my 16GB Kingston Predator and I get the boot loops every time.

Originally posted by Bongkie View Post
                    After Flashing your Bios always clear your cmos for 10 minutes. Battery out and jumper to 2&3 or if have a push button push it for ten minutes
                    Hmm I will try that too. But really keep my finger pressed for 10 minutes? No offense but it seems a bit excessive. Also the Z77-UD5H afaik have 3 buttons on the Mobo. Clear CMOS, Reset CMOS and the big Power button. Which one I have to keep pressed?
                    Last edited by Koniakki; 06-30-2013, 11:35 PM.
                    Corsair H100i (AC MX-4)

Comment

Originally posted by sardelkin View Post
                      Outdated ROM's.......here is newer:

GA-X79-UD3 - F12u-mod
                      Hmm I will try that too. But really keep my finger pressed for 10 minutes? No offense but it seems a bit excessive. Also the Z77-UD5H afaik have 3 buttons on the Mobo. Clear CMOS, Reset CMOS and the big Power button. Which one I have to keep pressed?
                      Will be useful,if you list your full spec.,overclock or not,debug led code with bootloop.
                      Last edited by stasio; 07-01-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks stasio for the modded bios f12u, but i've downloaded your files and get a file named 2826, about 90 ko, So i've to put this files with the new bios on the USB key and run q-flash or leave this file.

Ghostearth.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post

Will be useful,if you list your full spec.,overclock or not,debug led code with bootloop.
                          Thank you very much Stasio. For the bios, your hard work and especially for helping a new member. Thank you.

The boots loops occured even with the reset and stock bios, with or without OC. If I power off the PC its takes from 5-20+ reboots to come back.

Also the debug codes I see when it boot loops is almost a zero on the debug led. I say almost because it looks like the below every time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	z77x-ud5h-27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	753740

Now when it finally boots it starts with 15 code, then I think it shows 4F, then 72, I believe then 99 as far as I remember and now that it works it shows A0. I will take a video next time. I can replicate it since it happens every time.

I had a Z77-UD3H yesterday when I bought the UD5H. I just took it out carefully, replied the TIM and start it up and the boot loops began. I then disconnected everything(GPU, HDD's) and I left only the SSD/H100i/RAM connected.
                          Last edited by Koniakki; 07-01-2013, 02:27 AM.
                          Corsair H100i (AC MX-4)

Comment

I suspect you have OCZ PSU.......any spare or borrow from friends (not OCZ),just to check.
                            The second thing,you can try increase Vtt in BIOS to 1.10-1.12V.

To be sure,unplug all unnecessary hardware......try to boot with 1 stick of RAM and use on board video (with just SSD).
                            All on stock voltage.

Originally posted by Ghostearth View Post
                            Thanks stasio for the modded bios f12u, but i've downloaded your files and get a file named 2826, about 90 ko, So i've to put this files with the new bios on the USB key and run q-flash or leave this file.

Ghostearth.
                            Uhh,I forget to delete 2826 file.....I'll reupload link,thanks.

Edit:
                            Reuploaded only with BIOS file.....
                            Last edited by stasio; 07-01-2013, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                              I suspect you have OCZ PSU.......any spare or borrow from friends (not OCZ),just to check.
                              The second thing,you can try increase Vtt in BIOS to 1.10-1.12V.

To be sure,unplug all unnecessary hardware......try to boot with 1 stick of RAM and use on board video (with just SSD).
                              All on stock voltage.
                              I know that this doesnt mean something didnt go wrong when I took out the UD3H and placed the UD5H in but as I said all my hardware was connected to the UD3H and everything was working perfectly. Not bsod, prime/ibt test and benchmarked to the limits.

I just took out the UD3H and place the UD5H in.

Tried both sticks on all 4 slots. One stick each time. I tried with as few things connected as possible. Will do a Memtest again. You never know.

I have a spare 460W coolermaster PSU. I will try when I get time. Also I still have my UD3H but I really don't wanna swap the CPU's again.

Also the weird thing is I just finished 2hours prime and LinX and I run valley and RE6 benchmarks at my bench clocks with my GTX 690.

I mean it seems when it boots it works like a charm as far I see. No BSOD's, no errors etc. All USB works etc.

I found some people with about the same boot loops like me but I just wanted to see if any members here experience it and if there is a solution or something. If its a bios problem I can wait. No problems.

But I think its defective. Anyway after I test it with different RAM/PSU and if it still boot loops I will RMA it if no solutions comes until then.

I really love this board tho.
                              Corsair H100i (AC MX-4)

Comment

As said also earlier,you can try increase Vtt in BIOS to 1.10-1.12V.
                                Clean your memory contact with school rubber.

Comment

Working...
                                X