This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Can anyone upgrade the BIOS P35-DS3R with the latest intel "driver" please ?

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
      I advise you to ask on link bellow......they can maybe help with older ROM's.....

BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others)

Edit:
      or send PM to NoJuan999
      My problem is the checksum when I've finish to replace ROM.
      I can't take that problem

Comment

Im sorry if this question has been answered or is obvious (been using search to try and find an answer), but will the latest beta bios mod for ga-z87x-ud4h allow me to set max turbo on my Xeon-1240v3?

Edit: Doesnt appear to (assuming its doable? :P)
        Last edited by Echoa; 06-05-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chucky88 View Post
          Can someone please update virtualfred's mod of Z77X-UD3H F20e with latest OROMs (RST 13.1, etc)?
          F20e Mod: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post474666

Thanks.
          Hi,

There you go:
          z77xud3h_modTeddy1

Updated with:

Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126 (No trim mode support on RAID 0)
          Intel UEFI RAID SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126

For MEI Firmware:
          ME Firmware_8.1.52.1496

P.S. Stasio, can you please update the name. I don't remember the naming system by you and VFred but it is certainly not modTeddy. Thanx Master *hail*
          Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
          GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
          16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
          OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
          Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

I can't install the ME Firmware on my system.It says error usage code 8716, of course i am running the Win64 version.

OS Win8.1 x64 with Spring Update 2014
            Chipset Z77X

***Edit: Alright, i flashed it manually.
            Last edited by CautionEL; 06-05-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Echoa View Post
              Im sorry if this question has been answered or is obvious (been using search to try and find an answer), but will the latest beta bios mod for ga-z87x-ud4h allow me to set max turbo on my Xeon-1240v3?

Edit: Doesnt appear to (assuming its doable? :P)
              If it is doable it will be in your manual. The max for Turbo Boost Technology is 38 for your Xeon E3 . You cannot overclock it AFAIK but you can set Turbo boost Tech.

I am not sure if it will answer your question but at page 41 of your manual, it shows you how to set max turbo multiplier for each core.
              In the section MIT of your BIOS you select:
              "Advanced Frequency Settings"
              The you will see:
              "Advanced CPU Core features"
              Then you should see turbo ratio for each core or something like that.

You can always try the latest beta bios posted in page 1 of this thread.
              Sorry if I cannot help more. I am not brave enough to pull out one of the 2 Xeon E5 that I have in my Hp ProLiant Server not mentioning that it won't fit in my PC socket anyway
              Hope it helps
              Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
              GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
              16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
              OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybehr View Post
                If it is doable it will be in your manual. The max for Turbo Boost Technology is 38 for your Xeon E3 . You cannot overclock it AFAIK but you can set Turbo boost Tech.

I am not sure if it will answer your question but at page 41 of your manual, it shows you how to set max turbo multiplier for each core.
                In the section MIT of your BIOS you select:
                "Advanced Frequency Settings"
                The you will see:
                "Advanced CPU Core features"
                Then you should see turbo ratio for each core or something like that.

You can always try the latest beta bios posted in page 1 of this thread.
                Sorry if I cannot help more. I am not brave enough to pull out one of the 2 Xeon E5 that I have in my Hp ProLiant Server not mentioning that it won't fit in my PC socket anyway
                Hope it helps
                It doesnt allow max turbo on all cores

IE

1 core is x38
                2 core x38
                3 core x37
                4 core x36

I want to be able to 4 core to x38 and when I set it to that it doesnt work. Funny enough setting it to that actually drops my max turbo freq to only 3ghz?

ty for trying to help though, I already knew all that I was just wondering if the modded F10a bios would allow me to do it. I just flashed and tried it but no dice so oh well. I'll just be happy with my slight bclk bump :P
                Last edited by Echoa; 06-05-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Echoa View Post
                  It doesnt allow max turbo on all cores

IE

1 core is x38
                  2 core x38
                  3 core x37
                  4 core x36

I want to be able to 4 core to x38 and when I set it to that it doesnt work. Funny enough setting it to that actually drops my max turbo freq to only 3ghz?

ty for trying to help though, I already knew all that I was just wondering if the modded F10a bios would allow me to do it. I just flashed and tried it but no dice so oh well.
                  Yes,
                  Intel docs show that when 4 cores are active, the maximum turbo multiplier for your Xeon E3-1240 is 36.
                  Look at the bright side. At least your Xeon works in a Gigabyte Z87 motherboard. Which is not always the case that a Xeon works in a non-server MB. Your Xeon is a pretty solid /reliable beast. It won't let you down

Comment

Stasio, can you update the Z77X UD3H F20e with the latest updates ? (13.1.0.2126 etc).

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hope it's okay to ask this here, seems like all the BIOS experts are in this thread: Is it possible to use P67 UD7 B3 rev. (GA-P67A-UD7-B3) BIOS on the original, recalled P67 (GA-P67A-UD7)? Can the original rev. accept a modded BIOS?

I found a good deal on the recalled board, but the B3 revision is listed separately on the site and has many more BIOS updates to fix issues. The boards seem 100% identical except for the B3 revised P67 chipset.

Gigabyte says "the Bios is only coded to match the same model motherboard, by doing so will corrupt the CMOS," but I'd greatly appreciate other thoughts on this. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop0389 View Post
                        Hope it's okay to ask this here, seems like all the BIOS experts are in this thread: Is it possible to use P67 UD7 B3 rev. (GA-P67A-UD7-B3) BIOS on the original, recalled P67 (GA-P67A-UD7)? Can the original rev. accept a modded BIOS?

I found a good deal on the recalled board, but the B3 revision is listed separately on the site and has many more BIOS updates to fix issues. The boards seem 100% identical except for the B3 revised P67 chipset.

Gigabyte says "the Bios is only coded to match the same model motherboard, by doing so will corrupt the CMOS," but I'd greatly appreciate other thoughts on this. Thank you for your time.
                        Hi,
                        It seems that you are in that situation:

UD7 is addressed too.
                        Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by CautionEL View Post
                          Stasio, can you update the Z77X UD3H F20e with the latest updates ? (13.1.0.2126 etc).

Thanks in advance.
                          You don't like mine (post 3620)?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybehr View Post
                            Hi,
                            It seems that you are in that situation:

UD7 is addressed too.
                            Hope it helps
                            That's awesome. Thank you so much.

Comment

Hi. Any chance to mod f3 bios for g1 sniper z87? I want to set turbo to 3.9Ghz for all cores. Thank you.

btw, f3 bios is flawless.
                              G1.Sniper Z87 | i7-4771 | GTX 780 WF OC | Barracuda 1tb | 2x8GB Evo Potenza 1866 CL9 | EVO 120gb | M12II 750W EVO Edition | Hyper 212 EVO | XL2411T | R1600T Plus

Comment

• GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Stasio, can you update the GA-X79-UD3 F20 with the latest updates ? (13.1.0.2126 etc).

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X